Premier Inn Taunton Central (North) Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsbrewers fayrestayed heresoft play arearoom was cleanthe pubattached restaurantpub next doormain roadusual standardmeal dealfamily roomcricket groundplenty of parkingnight's sleepbuffet breakfastcomfortable staylong drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights and found our stay very relaxing. The staff were very helpful (we asked for an extra duvet as one our daughters were cold). The price can not be beaten as we booked a far way in advance. Great breakfast too!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2011

very clean friendly and welcoming even the cleaning staff greeted me with good morning they all do a very good job well done and thank you

Reviewed September 25, 2011

I stayed here for a personal trip to the area. The hotel is simple to find on SatNav and has adequate parking, with security cameras around the building. The receptionist was lovely - very friendly and quick with the check-in process.

The room was pretty much as expected; spartan, pseudo-minimalist - TV, bed, desk/dressing table, etc. The beds are rather firm and the pillows that cheap hollow fibre that recovers its shape quickly but doesn't really provide any comfortable support.

The bathroom was a big disappointment. Ostensibly clean, but a lingering odour of stale urine. As I was in a hurry to meet friends for dinner, I didn't complain (although I intend to do so subsequent to the stay).

The biggest disappointment to me was the road noise. I was on the top floor (there are two floors) at the back of the building. This overlooks a busy road. I started the night with the window open, but after about an hour of no sleep I closed the window. The noise is still very evident, throughout the night, and whilst I am a fairly light sleeper, this is one of the noisiest hotel rooms I've been in for a while. The hotel needs to make better provision for noise insulation.

If you must stay here, insist on a room at the front of the hotel.

Room Tip: front of the hotel only
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank jimclose
Premier_Inn, Social Media at Premier Inn Taunton Central (North) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

We stayed for 1 night to break up a long journey to Cornwall for a family holiday. We have a 1 yr old and a 9 week old baby, the family room was perfect, very spacious and clean and allowed plenty of room for our travel cot. Staff were very friendly and accomodating. Wouldn't hesitate to book again. Breakfast served at the pub next door offered plenty of choice for adults and children.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

as a regular user of Premier inn- i am a fan of the chain.
this hotel was not as good as others mainly due to location and facilities for eating /drinking.
Brewers type establishment next door- with a childrens ball pit.
This may appeal to some- but less so for those with a teenager.
Hence eating and drinking in this environment did not appeal and a no other option without a drive.
I use Premier inns due to cleanliness and good facilities and wonderfully comfortable beds - this wouldnt make my top ten- but ideal if you have small children.