“Relaxing B&B Break”

Ranked #8 of 55 Taunton B&B and Inns
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Relaxing B&B Break”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My Wife and I were travelling around Somerset and decided to stay an extra night. I found Beaufort Lodge online, I contacted Richard, who was very friendly and able to accommodate us which was fantastic.
We arrived and met Hayley and Richard who made us feel so welcome and showed us to our room, I was very impressed with the size of the room it was definitely by far the biggest room I have ever stayed in a B&B with a high ceiling, double bed, en suite, flatscreen tv, coffee / tea with biscuits so many lovely touches.

The breakfast was so good the next morning it set me up for the long day of travelling I had to do.
Will definitely stay there the next time I'm down that neck of the woods.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leo O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Have just returned from a two night stay at Beaufort Lodge with my husband and five-month old baby and we already can't wait to plan our next trip! The rooms are luxurious, relaxing and stylishly decorated and the building is Grade II listed so has lots of character and charm.There was a good choice at breakfast, from healthy options like fruit and yoghurt to a hearty full English and everything was delicious!The location is great, very close to Somerset attractions and Exeter so would make an ideal base for guests to explore the local area. Richard and Hayley were very friendly hosts and nothing was too much trouble. They included a comfy travel cot in our room before we arrived which was really thoughtful and the rooms were really quiet and calming - our baby has never slept so well! I would definitely recommend this place to families and couples who want a romantic break away for a few days and the price was very competitive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at Beaufort Lodge for three nights and were so pleased with the service, we've booked to stay again next time we're in the UK!

The owners, Richard and Hayley, were great. Very friendly and professional, and armed with local knowledge if you're there on holiday or simply passing through.

The rooms were really clean and so comfortable.

As we live in Dubai, a full English with extra pork was a must for my boyfriend! It was great to have a healthy alternative for myself.

Would we recommend it? Absolutely! It's a great boutique B&B and one of the best we've stayed in.

Cheltenham, England
Reviewed July 29, 2013

With close friends living in the Taunton area, we regularly visit the town and need somewhere to stay and recently discovered the newly refurbished gem that is Beaufort Lodge. Not only is it in a great central position in the town, but it's decorated beautifully throughout with a neutral and modern feel, it's immaculately clean and the owners could not have been more helpful or nicer. Our room was a great size, with all the perks you would expect from a good standard hotel. Breakfast was a real treat too and having advised them that one of us was vegetarian they were only too happy to meet our dietary requirements.

We look forward to booking in again the next time we visit Taunton and would recommend without hesitation.

1 Thank TashHath
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent a week touring the UK, this was by far our favourite B&B. Richard the owner was friendly and welcoming when we arrived and we felt at home instantly. Our room was clean and comfortable and tastefully decorated in neutral shades with a lovely view over the garden. We both loved our full English breakfast it tasted great and there was plenty of it. The location was fabulous, and just a short walk to the town centre. All in all Beaufort Lodge made for a great experience and I would recommend staying here to anyone looking for a relaxed, friendly environment with lovely surroundings.

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed for two nights at beautiful Beaufort Lodge and can not fault this gem of property. The room was spacious, extremely comfortable and tastefully decorated. The hosts, Hayley and Richard, could not have been more accommodating and they cooked a delicious full English breakfast! Plus Beaufort Lodge is really close to town, just five minutes into the centre. I guarantee you won't regret staying here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The room was a very large size and had luxury furnishings which I have not experienced before for this price range. The owners obviously take a lot of pride in their building which felt like a high quality hotel rather than a B&B. The Breakfast was one of the nicest I have had. I would highly recommend Beaufort lodge and i'm sure anyone that stays there will appreciate their stay as much as I did.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business