“Wedding anniversary meal”
Review of The Farmers Arms

The Farmers Arms
Ranked #12 of 305 Restaurants in Taunton
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a traditional public house and restaurant with 5 luxury bed and breakfast rooms. We serve fresh food using local produce.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoy a fantastic 3 course meal here, staff couldn’t do enough to make us feel welcome, the food was amazing! U must try the mussels!
even the chef popped out to say happy anniversary!
Would massively recommend a visit to this place!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (576)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I visited the farmers arms with a large group of friends (22 people) as we had all been away for a weekend and wanted a nice roast to end our trip. The staff were so accommodating, they put us all upstairs with a projector as the rugby was on and some of the men didn't want to miss it! Every single one of us was so impressed with the food. Myself, being a vegan- loved my meal as much as everyone else and didn't feel I was being a pain as Is often the case going out for a meal. The staff were friendly and helpful. I wish I lived closer so that I could come every week!! Thanks for all of your help.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Well first time for me at this pub with rooms.

Previously a taxi for family who told me how good it was so when the opportunity arise I jumped at it.

Good booking telephone manner and efficient seating and welcome when we arrived

This is a menu of good quality fayre and known provenance. Whatever you have make sure it comes with homemade chutney. We went for the Brie starter which is enough for three.

Burgers and vegetarian options after that were fantastic. Well done chef.

It is a shame we did not have room to fit in a pudding. Next time!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We had a notification from Facebook about a sharing roast platter Sunday lunch. We hadn’t booked as we didn’t realise how busy it would be. Luckily the weather was so good there was room for us as the garden is well supplied with outside tables. The platter far exceeded our expectations, topside of beef, lamb, belly pork and we were very surprised to see lots of other people enjoying the great roast. We have been here a few times but not for a while. There is a new chef (the staff informed us) and we could really tell the difference. There was a great buzz about the place. The service was quick and efficient. We have booked for next week!

1  Thank Quadrant16a
Reviewed September 15, 2019

We have eaten here 4 or 5 times since April.Always great food,good service, and reasonably priced.Quiet surroundings and dogs welcome,would highly recommend and will be back again soon.

1  Thank 1ovesFood