“Great place to eat”

Greyhound Inn
Greyhound Inn
Ranked #27 of 53 Taunton B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We regularly travel to this area to see family and this is our preferred place to eat. A changing and varied menu of freshly cooked food at reasonable prices. The staff are friendly and helpful and all in all you could not ask for more.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank x-entricity

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We visited The Greyhound Inn and found the most charming place we have been to in a long time. Everything was just perfect: from the food, the welcome, the rooms and the bar offerings. We had dinner on the Saturday night and had one of the specials....sublime mussels and skinny chips...hmmmm. Breakfast hit the spot in the morning after some overindulgence in the bar the night before and as a result we ended up staying for sunday lunch too....now they're what I call Yorkshire puddings! The owners David and Marina couldn't do enough for us and made us feel so welcome and it was clear from their interactions with other guests that they are very popular and accommodating hosts. We will definitely be going back. We think we even had a visit from the grey lady while we were playing skittles!

Altogether a charming weekend that left us relaxed and looking forward to our next visit

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We ate in The Greyhound Inn a couple of times in 2010 when we were staying at a cottage nearby. It was good then and is still good now. We had dinner there twice last week, sea bass one night and pan fried duck the other. Both meals excellent as was the Pinot Grigio. Staff friendly, helpful and efficient and could find no fault. Have not stayed there but am not surprised to see good reviews from those who have.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here on a cold November Night, the Room Was large, the bar and food area was well laid out, cosy feeling and with a warm fire roaring. Food was excellent, reasonable prices (higher end of scale) £16 for a Good Steak - best i'd ever eaten!. A good Nights Sleep and a brilliant Breakfast. Plenty free parking. And a pool room if you travel with friends. - on the down side the TV in the room was very small.

Room Tip: Please Try the Steak - its top.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed 1 night whilst visiting nearby Taunton Racecourse. This place is about as close as you can get to the rural country English inn. It is dripping in character,lots of cosy nooks and the perfect place place to visit if you are looking for that period rural retreat.Lots of old interesting paintings and the like, adorn the walls of this very impressive olde worlde hotel/restaurant. The welcome was warm, the accomodation was very clean and comfortable and the food was excellent. If you are looking to find that old English character inn, then you would struggle to find anything else with any more going for it than this place. Very very enjoyable stay..

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed here on a Saturday night whilst meeting friends. The inn is in a beautiful rural location on the banks of a small stream and I had no trouble locating it with the aid of my satnav. The staff were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. My room, particularly the bed, was very comfortable and clean. Dinner was well-cooked and well-presented - and I didn't have to wait ages for it to appear, despite a fairly busy dining room. I have stayed in some inns before where noise from the bar or other residents was a problem, but I did not encounter anything like that here, even though the bar was well-used by local people. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming and I'd have no hesitation in staying here again. The only drawback I noted was the lack of a lift to the bedrooms which would cause difficulties for disabled visitors.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank uklonetraveller
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Recently visited the Greyhound inn for Sunday lunch,it was my first visit. My family and I were greeted with a warm welcome,the open fire was lit which we were all really pleased about as it was very chilly outside. The decor is warm and Inviting,nice leather sofas to lounge on with drinks before your meal or while you wait for your meal. We ordered the Sunday roast beef and it was excellent,beautiful bit of beef and rich gravy,homemade yorkies,great roasties and veg,I didn't want my plate to end!!!!
For afters,I had the sticky toffee pud with custard,it was more like a cake than a sticky pudding as it's meant,but I didn't mind,it was lovely as was the toffee sauce it sat in,yum.
I would definitely recommend this inn as a reliable place to take all the family for a very relaxing and delicious meal.

• Stayed: November 2011