“Spa treat and Lunch after”

The Mount Somerset Hotel
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Our wedding reception in 1998 at The Mount Somerset has very fond memories indeed, and special thanks to Tracey and Scott for this, and therefore, we enjoy returning, for any family special celebrations. We live locally, and so have returned for several family meals and celebrations. The most recent was with family, 21 of us to a family celebration in August 2012, which my parents booked. The meal was delicious, our relations & family who stayed overnight were very happy with their accommodation, and the staff were attentive and friendly.
Since then, my husband and I have recently enjoyed a Spa Pamper morning (1st November 2013), as birthday treats to us both from my parents. The Spa was lovely, clean and modern and comfortable, all of the thermal therapies were great, and we thoroughly enjoyed our half hour Back, Neck and Shoulder massages. We also booked into the hotel after, for lunch, and are very glad we did, as this was delicious, despite a wedding, and therefore we were in the drawing room, whilst the wedding took over the main rooms. We had a two course lunch, starter and main course, and it certainly topped off our pamper treat day, in convivial surroundings. The staff were attentive, efficient, and friendly. We never hesitate to recommend The Mount Somerset to friends and family alike, and indeed, family also visited in August (2013) for Spa pampers too, which they also very much enjoyed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My partner took me here for my 50th Birthday. One of the best hotels we have stayed in. The hotel was perfect. Our room was amazing. Hot tub in the garden. I always believe that a hotel is only as good as the staff who work there. The staff at the Mount Somerset are a credit to the Edan group. Nothing was too much bother. We will definitely stay again and again and again.

Room Tip: Garden rooms are the ones with hot tubs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We arranged a birthday surprise for my husband - an evening meal and overnight stay for friends and relatives at this lovely place. The staff helping with the arrangements were efficient and provided us with a lovely separate dining room for our group of 30. The food was wonderful, both dinner and breakfast, the rooms so comfortable and large - a lot with beautiful views - and the staff all have a lovely way of looking after guests. They are attentive without being intrusive and every detail is thought about. I did not use the spa but understand it is very good, My only problem was that I now want to just live there - it's close to work so why not?!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Absolutely first class hotel with amazingly attentive staff and beautfiul decor,, this was simply perect for our 20th Wedding Anniversay.
Such a fab location, lovely views of country side. We were spoilt as we had a suite, it was so luxurious and furnished with elegance.
Bathroom was divine, roll top bath and double shower.
Nothing was too much trouble, service 100%
A perfect place for a retreat and special occasion.
Restaurant also briliant with top class service and food.

Room Tip: The suites are fantastic for a special occasion
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracey H
Reviewed October 10, 2013

WOW - a beautiful hotel - great value through booking.com for one night.

This is a loverly hotel - great rooms, so quiet a great wedding venue as well when I meet the wife!

Everything was perfect - from check in to breakfast.
The room was 'lush' the biggest bathroom - biggest shower I have ever seen. Everything accomodated. Paradise.

Great value for money - you would expect to pay a lot more but dont. Well done team - I will be back.

Room Tip: The beds are so comfy!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank trevorLeeds
Reviewed October 10, 2013

What a wonderful venue - the Mount Somerset Hotel has a long driveway leading to a magnificent building set in lovely grounds. I enjoyed an afternoon tea with a group of friends in their garden room and was most impressed. The food was beautifully presented and the service was excellent. Can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pat C
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights for a friends wedding and I have to think it one of the best appointed hotels I've stayed in. We had a mid range room which was excellently furnished, beautiful bathroom and spotlessly clean. I liked the twist on the fruit basket in the room and so pleased to get a turn down service which is becoming quite rare really. The only thing id say is that the room got very hot. Weather was middling but the rooms seemed to retain any warmth. Reception staff were changeable - some very friendly some a bit off-ish but the bar and waiting staff were great. It's only a short drive in to the town.

It's fantastic to see such a lovely building kept up to date and comfortable - rooms and hotel was just excellent - and overall I'd rate it as 5/5

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank anon100123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taunton
Farthings Country House Hotel and Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Taunton M5, Jct.25
Brookfield House
Brookfield House
#1 of 17 in Taunton

Been to The Mount Somerset Hotel? Share your experiences!