“enjoyed our takeaway!”

Mint And Mustard
Ranked #16 of 269 Restaurants in Taunton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Mint and Mustard is one of the UK's most critically acclaimed Indian restaurants. Already recognised as one of Cardiff's finest dining experiences, we have now brought our award-winning style to Taunton. Our restaurants re-define Indian cuisine through innovative, deftly presented food with the flavour, depth and beauty of India. Sourcing the finest ingredients and exclusive spices, Mint & Mustard presents a remarkable range of tastes, flavours and spices that appeal to all the senses.
Reviewed May 24, 2013

A friend recomended this restaurant,but for our first time we were only able to get a takeaway on the run. Very enjoyable meal, lovely fresh flavours, tasty .Our next visit will be in the restaurant sometime soon. thankyou to Mint and Mustard

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was on the look out for a nice and different place for my birthday dinner.I stumbled upon this restaurant my chance and was intrigued by its unique menu but, at the same time,abit skeptical about it as I didn't know what to expect.We had the tasting menu and everyone was impressed by the presentation and taste of the meals.It was also exciting not knowing what would be coming next and we soon found that we were all filled and completely satisfied.I will certainly recommend the Mint and Mustard to anyone and plan to return soon.For the standard and quality of food served,it is worth every penny!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Without doubt Mint & Mustard served some of the finest Indian (Keralan) cooking I have sampled for a very long time. The menu provides an excellent array of many new dishes combining many spices and a deft touch from the Head Chef. Being our 1st visit we opted for the recommended Tasting Menu and this took us on a tongue tingling journey through the senses of Taste, Texture and Flavour. The presentation and skill of each dish leaves you wanting more and this is cooking of the very highest standard and the presentation from the waiting staff and description of each dish made for a great dining experience. I cannot praise and recommend this restaurant highly enough and will be back asap.

1  Thank YardieBristol
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We had been to M&M only once, for lunch, and promised ourselves a proper return visit for dinner; last night provided the opportunity. We are great lovers of food from the Sub-Continent and have high expectations, not least since the Memsahib spent much of her childhood there and, as a result, regularly produces The Real McCoy at home.

Friday night and the restaurant was predictably busy but we were not kept waiting, despite being a little early, and the service was mostly good (including our very sweet but extremely nervous - "it's my first day" - waitress).

Two Tikka starters were excellent - the Paneer was subtly flavoured, moist and with that slightly chewy but classic paneer texture; the Murgh was three pieces of very tender chicken, each marinated delicately and quite differently.

Mains both came from their House Specials (we were unashamedly and quite skillfully steered there!). The Goan Vindalu was a correct combination of flavours with the garlic and, especially, the vinegar being quite prominant; spicy and quite hot without being aggressively fiery. The meat, however, was a little dry and probably was too lean a cut for this dish. The Syrian Beef Curry, though, was perfect and pretty much as described in the menu. Coconut Rice was "actually, one of the nicest I've had" and the Olan deliciously creamy but rather lacking in butternut squash.

I am frugal with my bread and they managed to produce a reasonable enough Roti; the more adventurous palate descibed the Fig and Corriander Naan as being delicious.

So, overall very good though perhaps not quite as outstanding as one may have anticipated given their pedigree and some of the hype surrounding them.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This, really, is authentic fine Indian cuisine. Over the past 18 years, I have eaten in many fantastic restaurants in India (including 5 star hotels). We visit my in-laws, there, every year.
Mint and Mustard is the second best place that I have eaten Indian food - the first best place is at my house (my wife is from Chennai). Try the Vindaloo. It is the real Goan vindaloo. Delicious - nothing like the dreadful stuff that is concocted for the drunks. We try to visit M&M whenever we visit Taunton - my 'native place'. The prices are very reasonable. The lunchtime Thali is really tasty and at £5.95, is cheaper than a sandwich and a drink.