Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Taunton(Taunton)(Great Value!)
$45
Travelodge
Premier Inn Taunton East(Taunton)(Great Value!)
$74
PremierInn.com
All reviewshealth clubswimming poolduty manageron arrivalwi fireception staffwe've stayeddouble bedevening meallounge areawest countryfamily roomstayed one nightgood nights sleepbreakfast was excellentcooked breakfastyogurt
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed here overnight for a Christmas party. On arrival reception staff couldn't find my booking even though it had been paid for. The older of the receptionists was rude and annoyed and when my husband told her we had already paid for the room she flung the booking list at him saying 'you're not on the list look for yourself". Thankfully the other receptionist was more helpful and found our details which they had spelt wrong! Our room was on the ground floor and smelt musty as did other rooms within our party.. The food was not great small portions and the sprouts were rock hard. Breakfast was just ok but we waited ages for a waitress to come and take our tea and coffee orders. I would not recommend this hotel. Overall very disappointing.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank n b
Chris F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

I am so sorry that we have been less than courteous upon your arrival. This is not our usual way at all.
Please do call me on 07736 746098 anytime in order that I may take action and make it up to you.
Many thanks for your feedback
Chris

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I was so pleased with how our Christmas Party went, Julie in the Conference team was very helpful throughout the booking, and on the night made sure everything was ready for us before departing. The team in the evening were brilliant, really friendly, polite and helpful, the bar staff also were excellent with the service they provided.
I enjoyed my room provided, plenty of room clean and tidy, the breakfast was great, plenty of choice to choose from, I was impressed with the Spirit Health Club onsite, the staff again very friendly and helpful.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay or hold there christmas parties for next year, couldn't fault a single thing.
I have stayed in several 5 star hotels before and the customer service in this hotel was on par with plenty of 5 star hotels so all in all a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind review.
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your Christmas Party so much, and the buffet style of service that we adopted in December this year has certainly been really well received with lots of people coming back next year, when we plan to make it even better.

Thank you so much, and I hope that we see you again soon.

Chris

Reviewed November 23, 2013

spent 5 nights and 5 days attending a course at this Inn.
Telephone Sunday morning as no confirmation of a booking had arrived. Asked if the could confirm my booking? BUT due to Data protection act???? the person i spoke too needed to get a college to confirm if they could tell me! any way arrived and settled in to a large room with all the basics. sat down to dinner, menu was basic, and limited on choice. ordered pork belly, all fat very little pork, cut into it to find it was still frozen in the middle, returned to the chef and replaced. or nuked? breakfast was well cooked! but offered a good choice. lunch was edible. dinner was good. Tuesday night, sat with another guest who was attending the course, ok main for me, but the hot pudding I ordered again was cold through the middle, returned and replaced. Wednesday both myself and guest had problem tummies! not what we needed in a training course! decided to go else where for dinner even though it was inclusive of the room rate. good places nearby which I will remember next time. no problem there after. until the Bill.

1 bottle of beer with each of my evening meals.. £26 ??? pardon I ask.. £3.19 a bottle plus £15 service charge for Tuesday ! pardon. because another guest was with me on my table on Tuesday I get charged £15. your having a laugh. sorted with the duty Manager. manager due to telephone me on Friday, surprise surprise, no call.

summing up.. friendly staff, clean basic rooms, poor food service. would i stay again? well you can get a travelodge with these amenities for well under half the price!

Room Tip: ask to be away from the garage or M5 as these are noisy
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear David S,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced during your stay. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Connie D

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Restaurant basic but very very overpriced. Fish & Chips average
Cheesecake very good
Staff good
Room clean very basic standard and disappointing for price
Bed uncomfortable
Noisy from M5
Breakfast average
Premier Inn's I've used are a much much better experience and value

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Olliewise,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I appreciate your compliments regarding our staff being good, rooms clean and breakfast up to par with your expectations. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business. My room was a little tired, especially the bathroom (the sink was cracked and needed to be replaced) but otherwise it was an average Holiday Inn room. Dinner and breakfast were fine - again the standard Holiday Inn menus, which are great for one night. The highlight of this hotel is the gym which is one of the best Spirit gyms I have been to. It was spotless and the staff were keen and motivated. The equipment is good.

I've noted others comments about road noise - it's next to a motorway, so I'm not sure what others were expecting (!) but I found the double glazing effective. All the staff I met were very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank francophileonthemove
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear francophileonthemove,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. We are deeply sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We are hospitality professionals and strive to be the best. Your comments will be looked into.

Jaime W