spent 5 nights and 5 days attending a course at this Inn.
Telephone Sunday morning as no confirmation of a booking had arrived. Asked if the could confirm my booking? BUT due to Data protection act???? the person i spoke too needed to get a college to confirm if they could tell me! any way arrived and settled in to a large room with all the basics. sat down to dinner, menu was basic, and limited on choice. ordered pork belly, all fat very little pork, cut into it to find it was still frozen in the middle, returned to the chef and replaced. or nuked? breakfast was well cooked! but offered a good choice. lunch was edible. dinner was good. Tuesday night, sat with another guest who was attending the course, ok main for me, but the hot pudding I ordered again was cold through the middle, returned and replaced. Wednesday both myself and guest had problem tummies! not what we needed in a training course! decided to go else where for dinner even though it was inclusive of the room rate. good places nearby which I will remember next time. no problem there after. until the Bill.
1 bottle of beer with each of my evening meals.. £26 ??? pardon I ask.. £3.19 a bottle plus £15 service charge for Tuesday ! pardon. because another guest was with me on my table on Tuesday I get charged £15. your having a laugh. sorted with the duty Manager. manager due to telephone me on Friday, surprise surprise, no call.
summing up.. friendly staff, clean basic rooms, poor food service. would i stay again? well you can get a travelodge with these amenities for well under half the price!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Taunton in Somerset is ideally located for both business and leisure guests, conveniently located at J25 off the M5, on the edge of Taunton near the Somerset County Cricket Ground. Taunton, nestling on the banks of the river Tone, is the gateway to Devon and half way house to Cornwall. Bridgwater, Wellington and other parts of Somerset are all within easy reach. Nearby attractions are Dartmoor and Exmoor with 14 areas of natural beauty and over 600 miles of dramatic coastline. The Holiday Inn Taunton has a Spirit club with indoor 15 metre swimming pool, sauna, solarium and fully equipped gym.This Somerset Hotel has 99 air conditioned bedrooms including wheelchair accessible rooms and 24 hour room service. Our large lounge area, which serves a wide selection of food and beverages, is ideal for informal meetings or just relaxing. (Under 12s Stay & Eat Free) With 12 conference rooms that can accommodate from 2 - 280 delegates in purpose built air conditioned rooms with high speed internet access suitable for meetings, training, presentations, banquets, weddings, reunions & parties. We also have external team build areas. Holiday Inn Taunton has ample free parking and is suitable for coaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Taunton m5, Jct. 25 Hotel Taunton
- Taunton Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25 Somerset