“i knew from the start!”

Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Reviewed November 23, 2013

spent 5 nights and 5 days attending a course at this Inn.
Telephone Sunday morning as no confirmation of a booking had arrived. Asked if the could confirm my booking? BUT due to Data protection act???? the person i spoke too needed to get a college to confirm if they could tell me! any way arrived and settled in to a large room with all the basics. sat down to dinner, menu was basic, and limited on choice. ordered pork belly, all fat very little pork, cut into it to find it was still frozen in the middle, returned to the chef and replaced. or nuked? breakfast was well cooked! but offered a good choice. lunch was edible. dinner was good. Tuesday night, sat with another guest who was attending the course, ok main for me, but the hot pudding I ordered again was cold through the middle, returned and replaced. Wednesday both myself and guest had problem tummies! not what we needed in a training course! decided to go else where for dinner even though it was inclusive of the room rate. good places nearby which I will remember next time. no problem there after. until the Bill.

1 bottle of beer with each of my evening meals.. £26 ??? pardon I ask.. £3.19 a bottle plus £15 service charge for Tuesday ! pardon. because another guest was with me on my table on Tuesday I get charged £15. your having a laugh. sorted with the duty Manager. manager due to telephone me on Friday, surprise surprise, no call.

summing up.. friendly staff, clean basic rooms, poor food service. would i stay again? well you can get a travelodge with these amenities for well under half the price!

Room Tip: ask to be away from the garage or M5 as these are noisy
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear David S,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced during your stay. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Connie D

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Restaurant basic but very very overpriced. Fish & Chips average
Cheesecake very good
Staff good
Room clean very basic standard and disappointing for price
Bed uncomfortable
Noisy from M5
Breakfast average
Premier Inn's I've used are a much much better experience and value

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Olliewise,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I appreciate your compliments regarding our staff being good, rooms clean and breakfast up to par with your expectations. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business. My room was a little tired, especially the bathroom (the sink was cracked and needed to be replaced) but otherwise it was an average Holiday Inn room. Dinner and breakfast were fine - again the standard Holiday Inn menus, which are great for one night. The highlight of this hotel is the gym which is one of the best Spirit gyms I have been to. It was spotless and the staff were keen and motivated. The equipment is good.

I've noted others comments about road noise - it's next to a motorway, so I'm not sure what others were expecting (!) but I found the double glazing effective. All the staff I met were very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank francophileonthemove
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear francophileonthemove,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. We are deeply sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We are hospitality professionals and strive to be the best. Your comments will be looked into.

Jaime W

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently on business for two nights and looking forward to visiting again. Staff were very friendly and I got the impression they would go out of their way to help if they needed to. Breakfast was very good with a wide range of food to choose from. Evening meal was perhaps slightly overpriced (especially drinks) but the meal was very enjoyable.

The rooms was very comfortable, warm, and with all the amenities to be expected such as tea and coffee, big TV and plenty of power points for charging laptops/phones etc. The bed was comfortable but only concern was noise when I first arrived. You can hear the road through double glazed windows but this did not keep me awake in the end and does seem to quiet down during the night. Only down point is WiFi as this was very expensive (about £20 for two days) considering Holiday Inn Express across the road offers it free of charge.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Chris F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you for your very kind comments.

Wi Fi just like at the Holiday Inn Express is now complementary to our Gold and Platinum IHG Reward Card guests. I do hope that you continue to use us as it only takes 15 stays to reach Gold.

In the meantime if we can do anything to help just call.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed for 5 days during work in the area. The hotel staff were all brilliant, polite & friendly. The manager was exceptional and made us all feel very relaxed and welcome.
The rooms were good and the bathrooms were clean & stylish.
The food was great and hospitality was professional.
Would recommend to anyone staying in the area,

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

It's a great feeling for the team whenever we get such a fantastic review - but especially so when it's from someone who has stayed with us for quite a few nights.

Thank you so much - I look forward to passing on your comments to the team!

See you next time.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here for overnight business stop on way to West Country.

Good location just off M5 although also downside as my room was very noisy and metres from the motorway. I could hear the traffic although it does calm down late at night it is not ideal despite double glazing. Parking close to reception not easy as shared with health club which has pool and gym and was quite busy when i arrived around 8pm so had to walk a little way in the rain with all my stuff. Lots of cars parked on street outside I guess as nearer than car park.

Comfortable room bit dated but clean with kettle, iron but no free wifi. Internet had to be paid for and quite expensive for only 1 hour or 4 hour chunks. 3g signal on my O2 mobile was quite weak for data but calls and texts fine.

Food was good, staff polite and seemed professional. Room service took a little longer than expected and some food ordered was omitted without explanation but not charged for and main course was missing items as described in the menu but full charge applied and no explanation or alternative offered - only realised whilst eating it. Breakfast usual buffet which was fine but music quite loud and seating allocated which is a little annoying when only 3 or 4 people there.

All I want is quiet room, free wifi and decent room service on my brief business stays. So in that light, below average because of the little niggles and will try somewhere different on my next trip down that way.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room away from motorway if noise bothers you,
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Chris F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

I am so sorry that we have not quite hit your expectations on this visit.

I do hope that you will give us another chance to get it just right for you. Call me personally on 07736746098 to make your reservation.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed for couple of nights and no complaints, didn't have any meals, thought breakfast quite expensive though probably average for a hotel breakfast. Room was fine and pool a plus, only negative it was let down by no free wifi. Will certainly return as felt good value overall.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

It's great to hear that you look forward to returning and we look forward to welcoming you back!