“Value for money weekend”

Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Stourbridge
“Value for money weekend”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

After buying a skydive experience for my husband I was looking for somewhere to stay that would allow us all to relax and enjoy a pool without paying too much - Holiday inn offered us a weekend deal where kids stay and eat for free and allow use of their pool facilities.

From the second we arrived the hotel staff couldn't be more friendly - they greeted our girls first and were just so lovely.

Our room was simple but clean and provided us with exactly what we needed and the staff had even gone to the trouble of writing a birthday card for my husband and placed bottles of cider in the room as a gift for him.

Our evening meal was from a set menu that offered a good selection - we did feel sorry for the chef as there was a number of large groups in and our food was a little delayed - but the staff were so good and keen to make us happy we didn't mind so much - we do think holiday in should bear this in mind though.

Breakfast was fantastic and again nothing was too much trouble for a great team of staff that clearly try hard to make their guests happy.

The pool area was really good too - it was very clean and as a guest towels were provided for you - the girls had so much fun in the pool and jacuzzi. Again the staff in the gym and pool were really friendly and helpful

I would really recommend this holiday inn to anyone - they put holiday inn back on the options list for us certainly. I have written to their head office about the quality of their staff because we are all quick to moan about poor treatment but we had a fantastic weekend. The manager knew everything about our stay and ensured we were well looked after.

Well done holiday inn TAUNTON - we had a fantastic value for money weekend and we will be back very soon

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank EmmawIlkes
Chris F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write.

My team and I have been delighted to read your comments - and they have inspired us to become even more relentless in our quest to be the friendlies hotel around.

Thank you again.

Chris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Reception and check was very painless and being a Priority Points meber we were given free drinks vouchers for the bar.
This was a free night as we redeemed our points and stayed in an executive Suite.

Room very clean, bathroom spotless.

Breakfast was well provided and there was a good selection to choose from

1 Thank Graham R
Great to stop over on your way South and break up the journey!

So pleased to hear that you enjoyed it so much.

Many Thanks

somerset
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Arrived at the hotel and greeted by a friendly and helpful young man, we were upgraded due to all double rooms booked at no extra charge. The room was light and airy with good quality complimentary products and a really comfortable bed, best night sleep I have had in ages.
All the staff were friendly and said hello or good evening as we passed them in the hallways, nothing was to much trouble.
Would happily recommend to family and friends.

Room Tip: We did not have to to visit the pool or gym or have breakfast as we had a very early start but I can...
1 Thank lorraine w
Great to hear that you had such a nice stay. It is our aim to provide the friendliest welcome and service around - so good to read your comments.

I will have pleasure in sharing them with the rest of the team.

Godalming
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is a very typical Holiday Inn, public spaces are clean, tidy and fairly modern. Rooms are on the small side and relatively basic, but clean. Deluxe rooms have a huge TV and some channels are HD.

Location is good if you are using this as a stop over when travelling the M5 but a bit of pain if you are trying to get into central Taunton as you have to fight your way into the centre with all the traffic off the M5 junction.

Breakfast is basic .... bed is firm ... pillows are good .... room temp is typical central controlled system that give heat in winter and cooling in the summer, so if you want to cool the room in winter make sure you have an upper floor room else you can open the windows. Note that the hotel overlooks the M5 so don't expect it to be quiet with the windows open.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for you review. Good to know we delivered on our standards.

We aim this year to make breakfast "more than basic" however - and have started the ball rolling by installing a brand new PANCAKE MACHINE!

Yes, thats right - fresh pancakes at your immediate request every morning - with maple syrup (yum yum).

Keep tuned for more breakfast updates!

Thanks for taking the time to post, and hope to see you again soon..

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed one night with wife and 2 year old daughter on our way to Cornwall. As we had requested a travel cot when we booked my wife rang the day before and was assured that one had been organised.
Check in was easy and the staff were happy and friendly in a genuine way (none of this plastic "have a nice day" rubbish here). We were given two vouchers, each for half a pint of cider in the bar. Cynically I was expecting there to be small print saying "when you spend £20 on food" or some other such caveat, but no, just "take this to the bar for your free drink".
We got to the room and found that a single sofa-bed had been made up and no cot. Fearing that this was the start of bad things to come my wife went to reception and the staff member said that she was busy at the moment but would sort it in a couple of minutes. I expected this to mean that someone else would wander along for a look in half an hour or so and then disappear before coming back after another half an hour moaning about having to do cots. But no, not here, the same staff member came along about two minutes later with a travel cot and a big apologetic smile. So far, ten out of ten to that staff member.
Later, when passing through reception, a staff member pointed out a table with milk and cookies for the children, and a pile of books for bedtime stories. What a nice touch.
The room was clean, comfortable and roomy. The heating controls were easy and efficient. Towels nice and soft. One slight criticism is that there are no electric sockets next to the bed, but that does seem to be the norm in most places. The curtains blocked out the light wonderfully, and we never heard a sound from outside the whole time we were there. The TV had lots of channels, not just the usual 1 to 5 plus Sky 1.
Breakfast was self service continental or full cooked. Everything you could ask for including fruit, cereals, toast, yoghurt, full cooked and even cooked to order poached eggs and fish. All cooked excellently and refreshed constantly. The staff at breakfast were all, again, genuinely happy and full of smiles. Tables were cleared efficiently and a staff member came over with a sticker for my daughter saying "I ate all my breakfast". Another nice touch.
At checkout there was another happy smile and a little bag of sweets for my daughter.
I haven’t been able to name any of the individual staff members as their name badges are so small that one would have to stare to read the name. I must admit that if I was as good at customer service as everyone here was I would want my name written in foot high letters so I could bathe in the compliments.
Overall, this is the best hotel I’ve stayed in for customer service, and exceeds ones costing 4 or 5 times as much by a country mile. All the staff and management should award themselves a massive pat on the back.
We will be coming back here soon, and most likely as a planned visit, not just a stop over.
(The cynic in me makes me write the following sentence as I am usually suspicious of glowing references: I have no connection with Holiday Inn or this hotel in any way)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank walkingdad
Thats incredibly nice of you to compose such a detailed account of your stay.

I am so pleased that my team looked after you so well.

Hope to see you again soon.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2013

There was nothing wrong with this hotel, rooms were ok, facilities not too bad, rooms were soundproofed from adjacent M5, Breakfast was well cooked and Restaurants\bars had a nice environment (although Restaurant menu is a little pretentious and bars overpriced) BUT prices were astronomically high. £140 per room per night is a little excessive for essentially what is just one up from a Travelodge. You also get the impression that Holiday Inn are a little up themselves am consider themselves above the no frills hotel category however in essence they are just a no frills hotel charging more then they're worth for the level of service and facilties provided. £140 basically buys you a bed for the night on the extreme outskirts of Taunton. Internet will set you back £28 for the day. I was also quite surprised to see that they had large posters in the rooms advertising adult pay per view movies, I thought this sleazy hotel image had long gone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear paul82h,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we strive to provide service rates that are competitive in the area. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Gloucester
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've stayed here quite a few times, mainly when visiting family. THe hotel is clean and has a good gym/swimming pool for a bit of leisure time.

Food is OK in the restaurant, but there are 5 other restaurants nearby. In my opinoin, the pick of these is the Hankeridge Arms. The food & service are great.

Big downside for me, in a business orientated hotel, is no free Wi-Fi. Yet, the HI Express over the road offers free Wi-Fi in the lounge area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Chris F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am happy to say that we are making progress on the WIFI costs here at the Holiday Inn Taunton.

As of yesterday charges have been slashed by almost 50%.

That means one hour now costs just £2.95, 4 hours just £5.95 and 24 hours just £9.95.

I am sure that there will be further updates to come and I will continue to keep all my guests informed as and when these changes are implemented.

Kindest Regards