After buying a skydive experience for my husband I was looking for somewhere to stay that would allow us all to relax and enjoy a pool without paying too much - Holiday inn offered us a weekend deal where kids stay and eat for free and allow use of their pool facilities.
From the second we arrived the hotel staff couldn't be more friendly - they greeted our girls first and were just so lovely.
Our room was simple but clean and provided us with exactly what we needed and the staff had even gone to the trouble of writing a birthday card for my husband and placed bottles of cider in the room as a gift for him.
Our evening meal was from a set menu that offered a good selection - we did feel sorry for the chef as there was a number of large groups in and our food was a little delayed - but the staff were so good and keen to make us happy we didn't mind so much - we do think holiday in should bear this in mind though.
Breakfast was fantastic and again nothing was too much trouble for a great team of staff that clearly try hard to make their guests happy.
The pool area was really good too - it was very clean and as a guest towels were provided for you - the girls had so much fun in the pool and jacuzzi. Again the staff in the gym and pool were really friendly and helpful
I would really recommend this holiday inn to anyone - they put holiday inn back on the options list for us certainly. I have written to their head office about the quality of their staff because we are all quick to moan about poor treatment but we had a fantastic weekend. The manager knew everything about our stay and ensured we were well looked after.
Well done holiday inn TAUNTON - we had a fantastic value for money weekend and we will be back very soon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Taunton in Somerset is ideally located for both business and leisure guests, conveniently located at J25 off the M5, on the edge of Taunton near the Somerset County Cricket Ground. Taunton, nestling on the banks of the river Tone, is the gateway to Devon and half way house to Cornwall. Bridgwater, Wellington and other parts of Somerset are all within easy reach. Nearby attractions are Dartmoor and Exmoor with 14 areas of natural beauty and over 600 miles of dramatic coastline. The Holiday Inn Taunton has a Spirit club with indoor 15 metre swimming pool, sauna, solarium and fully equipped gym.This Somerset Hotel has 99 air conditioned bedrooms including wheelchair accessible rooms and 24 hour room service. Our large lounge area, which serves a wide selection of food and beverages, is ideal for informal meetings or just relaxing. (Under 12s Stay & Eat Free) With 12 conference rooms that can accommodate from 2 - 280 delegates in purpose built air conditioned rooms with high speed internet access suitable for meetings, training, presentations, banquets, weddings, reunions & parties. We also have external team build areas. Holiday Inn Taunton has ample free parking and is suitable for coaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Taunton m5, Jct. 25 Hotel Taunton
- Taunton Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25 Somerset