$83
$296
$211
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $253/night.

$125
$92
  • Restaurant
$84
PremierInn.com
All reviewshealth clubswimming poolgood sizewi fireception staffwe've stayeddouble bedevening mealfamily roomgood nights sleepone night staybreakfast was excellentcooked breakfastyogurtsausagemotorwaygym
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Spent two fabulous nights at the Holiday Inn Taunton. Dinner ,Bed and Breakfast the food was excellent. What struck us was the entire staff who were so freindly and made us feel like royalty. Used the swimming pool which again was great ..so we have decided we will be going back again and cannot wait. A great Location to explore East Devon,Exmoor and Somerset..

1  Thank yetiman7
Chris F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

My team will be delighted as a warm friendly welcome, everytime, is just what they are trying to achieve!

So pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much, and we can't wait for you to return

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We used this hotel as an overnight stop when visiting relatives at two different locations. Arriving fairly late we used the post code for the hotel in the Sat Nav and this was not a good idea as the code obviously covers quite an area and therefore too vague. Also there is a Holiday Inn Express a hundred metres away that did cause some confusion to us. We were kept waiting at the unmanned Reception for quite a few minutes before someone come out to deal with us. There were apologies and the process was then dealt with quickly. However, when you arrive late and tired from driving it does take the edge off things. The room was good and clean. We came down to breakfast fairly late on the Sunday morning and found that food stocks had not been replenished and some indifference from the breakfast chef as to why. Overall not a bad hotel for a business or overnight stay but I am not so sure about staying for any lengthier amount of time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We certainly are a convenient stop over for those long journeys to Devon and Cornwall.

We do not rest on our laurels though. My team are determined to offer the nicest welcome and the best breakfast in the area and it's obvious we didn't quite hit the mark for you.

Our breakfast standards have received real focus recently and by mid November we will have added a Pancake machine, and new displays to our ever improving service.

I hope you see a change the next time you stay.

Thanks again

Reviewed September 21, 2012

This hotel is great. It's bang on the M5 but soooo quiet. It's all single level so getting around is easy. Blackout curtains in room great. Staff nice and friendly. Breakfast good. Bar area great. Has pool etc. TVs in room are HD. Shame you have to pay for wifi but 3G signal is good. Overall, highly rated by me and I am a regular hotel dweller.

Room Tip: All good I reckon.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank spencerallen
Chris F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

That is so good to hear.

Thank you, and thank you for pointing out about the 3G signal - Good Shout!

Whilst we do charge for the internet, it is great to hear that many of our other assets soften the blow!

Hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel could have easily picked up a four star review from me (5 star with some refurbishment!) as it's a clean, well located and friendly hotel.
My room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Bathroom was great, bed and linen comfortable and of good quality. TV was big enough. Room had an ironing board, Iron and trouser press. So no complaints there.
I had breakfast and evening meal in the restaurant, which while having a canteen feel about it was perfectly acceptable.
The spa/swimming facilities were basic (small pool, hot tub and sauna) but clean and welcoming and the staff were friendly and helpful.
However, the building and interior is becoming a little tired and it's simply overpriced for what it is. I stay away regularly on business and I found this hotel is around 20% more expensive than similar (or sometimes better) hotels elsewhere.
My biggest frustration though was the WiFi. On the day I stayed and hour was £5 (and that's an hour from the first log on, not an hour's use, so you can't log on for 10 minutes and come back and use the other 50 minutes later! And per device!). Four hours was £10 and 24 hours was £20! For a hotel that seems to be attracting business customers to charge anything for WiFi seems out of date to me, but this is extortionate! Not only that but when I came to use my super expensive, "Super-fast" WiFi in my room I picked up a download speed of 0.3Mbps. I asked for and got a refund but was not happy!
I regularly travel to Taunton on business and would happily make this hotel a regular place to stay, but first they must become better value with better and cheaper WiFi.

Room Tip: My room was car park side, away from the motorway and on the ground floor. It was quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

I am so pleased to read your review and how generally your interactions with my team were almost 5 star!

Not so pleased obviously that you may not stay again predominantly because of the Wi Fi charges. I do empathise and am pleased to hear that because you could not achieve what you needed to because of our download speed - we took the relevant charge from your bill.

Just to make it clear, the charges for internet use are as follows for the time being:

One Hour - £5.00
Four Hours - £10.00
Twenty Four Hours - £16.00

Twenty Four hours use is given complementary to any Conference Organiser at the hotel.
One hours use is given complementary to anyone booking an executive room.

We do have a reliable and (usually) speedy service - and I am sorry it didn't quite perform to expectation on this occassion.

I do hope that we see you again.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Room was clean and facilities such as TV etc were very good but to echo another review the prices for food and drink are really high.

Reception staff are great, the attached pool and gym is perfectly adequate and there is a generally good feeling about the place.

Our group decided to walk over the road the the Harvester to eat as the prices for the bar menu were far too high and the restaurant didn't open until 6.30pm. We all ate and drank at the Harvester for £75, I would suggest a similar meal in the Hotel would have been £130 which is a big difference and something I feel they could look at for the future.

I had breakfast included in my room price (I paid extra for the breakfast at time of booking so it wasn't free) but wish I hadn't bothered as this was the worst experience of the stay. The breakfast is served in the restaurant and is a buffet style which on one hand means you can technically eat as much as you like, but on the other hand exposes any weakness in the timings for when food is replaced if it runs out. And this is exactly what happened and several guests were complaining. As far as I could see, it wasn't as if there was a big influx of guests all at once, there was just a steady stream.

The other thing I found really annoying was that they get you a coffee when you arrive, but there is no facility to get more without getting them to come to you with it. Everything else is self serve, but the cheapest and in my mind most important thing about a breakfast is coffee... The staff (I believe there was just two) were seemingly overwhelmed and I eventually gave up trying to attract their attention for more coffee and raided their pots myself. This is not good for a premium hotel, after all it's not a travel lodge, you expect a bit of service at the prices you pay.

Would I stay there again? Yes, but I'd wait for a cheap deal and not have breakfast (or any other food) there, there are too many places within a short walk that are better value for both price and service. Then it would be a good value room for the night. As for it being somewhere to pay a high price but expect to be waited on and treated? - No because they don't.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Hello, Thanks for posting a review of your stay.

It's great that you had a good feeling about the place. Thats what I think running a hotel is all about - creating as many good feelings as possible! I am therefore "gutted" that we let you down at breakfast.

We have certainly taken your comments on board and made a few changes. My team are determined to get it right, especially with regard to delivery of that all important second cup coffee so I hope that you will see a difference the next time you visit.

Many Thanks once again.