All reviewshealth clubswimming poolgood sizewi fiwe've stayedreception staffdouble bedevening mealfamily roomgood nights sleepone night staybreakfast was excellentcooked breakfastyogurtsausagemotorwaygym
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I booked a room on the way back from Cornwall for my family. Upon arrival we were greeted in a friendly manner and headed to our room.
We were surprised upon arrival to the room that it was a 'smoking room'. We entered and it stank.
Besides the fact none of us smoke I wasn't prepared to stay with a 6 and 7 year old in a room that felt so smelly upon entry.
Phoning reception we were told it was a smoking room that was requested via central reservations.
I assured them I would never request such a room and it then became clear they did not have a room to move us to. We were informed they could 'fumigate' the room in an hour or so. However I was not prepared to stay there. No matter how tired we were.
Upon returning the key to the desk and being advised we would not be charged the clerk informed us the room is really for four adults and not designed for families.
Well done Holiday Inn. Very dissapointed that we were victims of you trying to up your sales. Certainly left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm now tempted to put a stop on my company using Holiday Inns on business trips abroad.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Eddieh71
Chris F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

I am so so so sorry about this. We have a number of room types that can be booked at the hotel, and although I am not certain with whom you have spoken with at our central reservations office - it may be good practice to give us a quick call direct at the hotel on 01823 282600 when you next have a family booking.

We try our best to move rooms on the day when our guests aren't happy with the room they have been allocated, but unfortunately it was not possible on this occassion.

Please call me on 07736746098 to discuss further - I would love for you to come back and make some far better memories of us than you currently have.

By the end of this year I will have converted all my smoking rooms to non smoking rooms to ensure no repeat of any similar inconvenience for my family visitors next year.

Please accept my apologies again - I am truly sorry that you couldn't stay, and I hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Super friendly helpful staff. Relaxing atmos, lounge/bar area catered for children with games, but also large enough to provide secluded quiet area for catching up with a newspaper. Spotlessly clean and every thing catered for. Hassle free and secure. Spa and swimming pool a real treat. Couldnt ask for anymore.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chris F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for your kind words.

We've just bought lots of new games and books as some of the others were showing signs of being well used. Come back again soon and challenge the kids to our favourite, a game of Operation!! "Is your hand steady enough" (many other games are of course available).

See you soon

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This hotel is perfect for a Devon/Cornwall stop over. The staff were very friendly and accommodating.

The little touches like milk and cookies for little ones and magazines/games were a delight.

We had something to eat in the bar in the evening, which was excellent.

Use of the swimming pool next door was good too.

Room was as you'd expect, spotlessly clean and fairly spacious with all the amenities you'd want for a nights sleep.

One tiny annoyance, which was more our fault that the hotels, was that we thought breakfast was included with the rate we booked. And although breakfast was nice - to be charged an extra £25 (for 2 people) for it was on the expensive side we felt.

We are priority club members and so it was nice to have some water and chocolate as a little extra in the room.

Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for such a great review. We are so convenient for that first night of the holiday stopover , and I am so pleased that we helped start your vacation off so nicely.

Thanks again, and I hope that we see you again real soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights and it was a good experience. Everyone was friendly and helpful and the room was comfortable and clean. Buffet breakfast and mugs for drinks are not my style but plenty of variety and all you could want! Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review. Really please you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Need to break a journey to the SW so that 4 year old and 18 month old got out of car for the night.

Looks like an 80's built motel from the outside. Reception was really friendly and the bar/lobby was full.

Room was a double bed with sofa bed. We'd requested cot and it was made up and included cot size duvet. Rooms with cots are always tight, this was no exception.

Breakfast was large hotel Buffett with everything under hot counters. Bacon and sausage were not bland, so better than service station and no more expensive. They do eggs to order if you ask.

But it is the little things and staff friendliness that made me want to review. Little things - a jug of milk, cookies and pile of borrowable children's books made bedtime easier. Staff - without exception were friendly and helpful.

We'll stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank DragonJohn
Chris F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

What an absolutely wonderful review.

How nice of you to mention the little extras we do to try and make people happy. I am well aware of the joys (and sometimes the woe's) of travelling with the kids - so if we have made just part of your stay that little bit simpler then we are truly delighted!

Really pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again next time.