All reviewshealth clubswimming poolgood sizewi fiwe've stayedreception staffdouble bedevening mealfamily roomgood nights sleepone night staybreakfast was excellentcooked breakfastyogurtsausagemotorwaygym
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Really comfortable bed and quiet ( two things you need when away with work!) Also clean and rooms reasonably presented.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Thank you - great to hear we have got it right for you!

Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

Holiday Inns strangely don't like putting plugs beside the bed for some reason, and don't provide free wifi. Room was otherwise ok.

At breakfast, with several members of staff standing with hands behind their back, I asked for a takeaway cup for my coffee and a member of staff pointed at a table maybe 10 feet away. I had to get up from my breakfast to get one instead of him getting me one which I found surreal as there was so many staff members around.

• Stayed: May 2012
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Thank you so much for your review.

We are really working hard on our breakfast standards at the moment and really making sure that we put our guests right at the heart of everything we do. I am so sorry that you did not receive the type of attentive service we so often deliver. My team are working hard to put this right.

Thanks again

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Stayed here re a business conference and have no complaints.
Staff were extremely pleasant on arrival and advised of where the spa, bar and restaurant could be found before directing me to my room.
The room was spacious with a nice sized bathroom, freeview TV, iron and ironing board.
Evening meal was excellent and there was plenty of choice re breakfast.
The only negative comment I would make would be the chargeable wi-fi facilities, not a big issue but so many hotels now offer free wi-fi and I think (?) that free wi-fi is available in the Holiday Inn Express just across the road! I may be wrong and if so I apologise but it would be nice to have free wi-fi.
Would I stay again, definately!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much.

Although Wi Fi is complementary in the Lounge at the HI Express, it is charged for in the bedrooms.

I do hope that our service and hospitality are such that you will choose us again next time!

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed May 3, 2012

First time visit to this hotel although I'm very familiar with the brand. Easy to find and reasonably priced with helpful friendly staff the facilities are good with both fitness suite and pool. Food was excellent the evening meal in the restaurant was well prepared and service was very friendly. The duty manager was visible and in fact was out and about talking to guests which was a very nice touch. I'd recommend this as a good place to stay or stop over in you are on your way to Cornwall.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Chris F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2012

Thank you David - it's very kind of you to take the time to review us.

I hope we can look after you again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 25, 2012

I have written previous reviews on this hotel as I use it often. Everything before still stands, only stay here if price is right, otherwise you can use the express next door.

However since my last stay this hotel have introduced a themed buffet evening on Wednesdays which, if your lucky enough, to be staying over on a Wednesday will be a great treat for you.

The gym/pool attached is still a great addition for the hotel. The staff are also still very helpful and chatty which is a nice touch given most hotel staff are not interested.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for writing a review.

Our theme nights are starting to get a lot of attention - with the Indian Night definitely the most popular.

So much so, that we are thinking of making every Wednesday: Indian Night!

Also look out for Steak Night, and Sunday Lunch - both coming soon!