“Disappointed”

Brewers Fayre O'Bridge
Ranked #200 of 256 Restaurants in Taunton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tiverton, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

It was my Daughters birthday yesterday and as we have visited The O'Bridge before we booked up again as the children always enjoy the play area and the food has always been good value for money.

I have to say both the children and I were disappointed with the food and the service.

The childrens beef burgers were like cardboard and tasteless.

When I went up to get my carvery I avoided the beef as it looked dried out so chose Turkey. The vegetablkes were running low so I was excited to see fresh being brought out as I was passing. As I sat down and tucked into my lunch I was surprised to find that the vegetables were freezing cold.... When I informed the General Manager about this it was suggested that the food should be microwaved.... I certainly don't expect to pay this much money for a carvey that then needs to be microwaved.

Both my Partner and I didn't eat our carvery.

We then ordered desserts for the children. These were simple things like Jelly and Ice cream. These took forever to arive and only did so when I asked what had happened. I was then told that there is a problem that in the Kitchen they cant tell what flavour ice cream has been ordered as there isn't enough room on the paper. No one thought to come and ask for over 20 minutes After we confirmed vanilla it took another 10-15 minutes to come.

As I said before we have had a good experience here before but I have to say we were all disappointed particulary when the meal costed just under £80.00.

2 Thank Trumpy071

Taunton, United Kingdom
“Love this place ......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

I had booked for a table for 6 being 4 adults and 2 children for 1pm. The service was brilliant especially seeing how busy they were. Our meals arrived within 10 minutes of being ordered and we all had something different. I had the chicken and ham pie with chips and peas.The other meals were lamb shank with creamy mash and a bowl of buttered cabbage. A chicken, bacon and cheese burger with chips and coleslaw,beef lasagna with chips / garlic bread. The two children had fish goujons with chips and beans / peas ...... Everything was wonderfly hot and served by pleasant staff. Gerald, the manager, runs a smooth and efficient establishment and finds the time to be both polite and he remembers who you are from previous visits, very impressive team leadership.
We often pop into the O'bridge for a lunch when in Taunton as they do some very good 2 for £10 deals.
I recommend this place highly.

1 Thank Julie1950
Burbham on Sea somerset
“best value two for £10 meals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Called into the O Bridge Brewers Fayre in Taunton, ordered Fish and chips and my wife had scampiresturant was busy but we were served within 7 minutes the food was well presented and waitress was plesent and made us feel welcome there was so much food on the plated that towards the end of the meal we were struggling to finish our meal.

“Enjoyed our meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

First time in a Brewers Fayre for years. Pleasantly surprised. Food good for a chain and Liked the option of a buffet. Puddings very good. We didn't realise that you had to order from the bar,so we sat there for a while waiting for a waiter, wasn't made clear when shown to table. Pleasant surrounding, but wouldn't want to visit when full, especially with kids.
Toilets clean and parking good. Tables cleared straight away.
Overall good value for money

Swindon, United Kingdom
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed at the Premier Inn next door on New Year's Eve. We arrived late & had already eaten so we popped in here to get a couple of coffees to take-away. The bar staff were really friendly even though they were rushed off their feet. The next morning we went over for breakfast. As there weren't many people who'd booked in for breakfast the hot buffet wasn't in use. This meant that we could order exactly what we wanted & have it served hot to our table. Perfect! The cold buffet had a good choice including organic yoghurt, fresh fruit & Costa coffee. The service was relaxed & friendly - just what you want on New Year's Day! Will definitely eat here next time we stay at the Premier Inn.

• Visited January 2014