“Great little bistro”

la bonne vie
Ranked #127 of 264 Restaurants in Taunton
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: well established and surprising it isn't already listed
Reviewed October 29, 2012

One of my favourite eateries in Taunton. This is a lovely little bistro where the food is always good. Great choice so good for family celebrations where everyone can pick something different. It's also good for romantic twosomes - just ask for a quiet corner!

There are newer reviews for la bonne vie

Reviewed October 17, 2012

visited last weekend had a lovely meal food was great as usual went with family and we all had steak best we ever tasted cant wait until my next visit.

1  Thank tara w
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We visited recently, we had not booked and for a saturday night called in early in the hope of getting a table.
The owner was sat as previously mentioned and just looked at us, the welcoming waitress informed us to speak to him and we were offered 'well you can take your pick of the two over there, just pick one and the waitress will be over.... no pretence of seating us or taking our coats or the usual nicities. Having said that we did have a giggle at suggesting more suitable employment.

The waitress was lovely and the 'old misery' was soon forgotten.

They do an excellnt offer of bottle of wine incl for 2 if eating 2 courses. £35 all in.

I'm a picky eater and can be a pain with a dairy allergy but i had extensive choice.

the food was good and well served - even down to a hot water bowl for the ribs.. no handwipes here. Decent size servings, plenty of veg / salad etc and good size main.

Yes i would certainly go back again - we have paid more at some chains for poorer quality.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I went to this restaurant some 15 years ago after hearing some good reviews. My thoughts unfortunately were not as good. Again I have recently heard some reasonable reports so thought I would give it a second opportunity. Again I was not impressed, this time I gave a little more thought to what service was offered. As one walk in to the Bistro you will be greeted by a waitress who will then go to the owner who is sat on a chair marking his diary like a school register. He will not acknowledge you in fact the attitude is if you want to come here fine if you don't that's fine to. The food is what one would call average, nothing to complain about but definitely nothing special. If you are looking for decent food with reasonable service this is the place NOT to go to. Hope this saves you some time and money.

2  Thank BG540
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Have been going here for a number of years. I've never had a bad meal there or anything to even complain about. Food great very tasty well presented and excellent service from waitress.