“Good food, good service but does need a little TLC”

China & China Restaurant
Ranked #94 of 269 Restaurants in Taunton
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: 01823 278889
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I was very impressed with the quality of the food and the dishes available on the menu. The service was good and the staff were always very happy to help you with your choices if your like me and always fasinated and unsure of what to choose.

There are lots of tables inside so I would imagine they could cater for larger groups as well as smaller groups.

Now to be a bit picky, thrre was a hole in our table cloth and I felt the decor could maybe do with a slight re-vamp but don't let this put you off!! Also if driving be aware that there is no parking and limited spaces on the road outside so you may have to park a bit further away and walk.

Ovrrall, I would deffinetly go back here for another meal!

Reviewed February 3, 2012

I have dined many times at China China and have always enjoyed the food. Authentic dishes prepared with care, reasonable value, and not a trace of MSG !. Service is good and the owners seem to really care about their business.

2  Thank Tim M
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I had my birthday party here and they accommodated a group of 22 of us comfortable with two large round tables at the back of the restaurant which felt like a sectioned off private area which was great. The staff were efficient and friendly.

The food was exceptional. You must try the sweet & sour chicken! The decor is quite modern but traditional. Overall I had a great night and would definitely come again.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

This family run restaurant has been in Taunton for over ten years and I am amazed that I am the first to write a review! We have visited this restaurant on many occasions and due to its location near the train station, it is popular with those visiting Taunton as well as locals.
We had heard of this restaurant from recommendations and from regulars who would always visit after they had watched a cricket match, as it is within walking distance from the Somerset Cricket Grounds towards to train station.
The food is always freshly prepared and cooked really well. Often, Chinese food can be greasy or oily but this was never the case here. A friend once had certain dislikes of ingredients and the restaurant happily omitted them from the dishes. Their specialty dish is the aromatic duck which is prepared in front of you at the table. The juicy and soft duck wrapped in the delicious pancake has resulted in me wanting to visit as soon as possible to satisfy my cravings! They have a wide range of set menus which are great value to share within a group of diners.
The atmosphere is pleasant and they even have air conditioners inside which are not common for many restaurants in England so the temperature is optimal during the cold or warmer days. They have a relaxing light setting and the middle section of the restaurants have tiny optic lights suspended in the ceiling. It is large enough inside to hold large groups of parties as well as smaller rounded tables for family or friends gatherings. We noticed that there is a take out option which is quite popular with local diners.
I would recommend this restaurant to friends for its food and atmosphere. Weekends are often busy periods so reservation is ideal but the restaurant is large enough to cater for those who turn up after a day visiting around town before their train leaves.

1  Thank Msfeefee