“BIG NO NO!! Be WARNED”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Taunton
Lower Marsh Farm B & B
Ranked #27 of 55 Taunton B&B and Inns
“BIG NO NO!! Be WARNED”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

After seeing soom extremely good reviews on here my wife and my self thought we would go for a countryside break. After arriving we were greeted and taken to our rooms the service was terrible we was left feeling as we obviously holding her up . the room was a loverly spacious area but there was most defiantly a need for some form of cleaning rota . There was stains on the bed which I can only describe as gravy and human pubic in the bed and sink. We went to bring it to there attention and we were challenged and she came across very defensive . If we were not so tired we would of made the drive to the local travelelodge where there standered s are obviously far more of a decent standard!! Will not be making same mistake twice!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Reggy666

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at Lower Marsh Farm for four nights and had the most wonderful hosts. There was a great variety for breakfast, the full English was delicious and locally sourced!

The room was clean, tastefully decorated and full of homely touches.

The location of the farm is perfect, with Taunton a couple of miles down the road and beautiful local walks!

Highly recommended stay!

Thank you for your kindness - we will see you again next year.

• Stayed March 2012
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We recomended this B&B to our friends from Ireland and they all said what wonderfull stay at a somerset B&B. They found the setting very peaceful and it is a great base from which to explore beautiful Somerset. They could not fault it and very much look forward to coming over and staying again soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
LEEDS, W YORKSHIRE
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I would highly recommend the farm, I booked at short notice to attend a family funeral and we were given a warm welcome by Jill and Richard. I had booked 2 singles but we were given a family room which was light and airy. The shower was fantastic!

Breakfast was plentiful and more toast offered. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a b&b in the Kingston St Mary area.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Helston, Cornwall
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I called the farm at very short notice after visiting nearby Hestercombe Gardens (4.30pm) and requested a room for a single person as soon as possible for that evening. When I arrived, about ten minutes after the call, they were preparing a sunny double en suite room for me and welcomed me with a cup of tea. The lady was friendly and told me about the farm and its produce and told me I could visit the fields to see the biofuel crops if i wanted. Breakfast for me was poached eggs on toast with extra toast offered and cereals and fruit juices available, would stay again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Karen C
Spain
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I was visiting Taunton as part of some training I needed to do. Two week course. Spent the first week in a hotel. Got hotel service - no complaints. The second week I decided that I needed something a little more like home - in decor, attitude and setting. Lower Marsh Farm matched the criteria.

I called at relatively late notice - about 11 hours before I needed a place to stay, and they were able to move things around a little to accommodate me.

I was going to arrive late in the evening as I was traveling a long way. This was not a problem for them.

On arrival, I had an early start - also not a problem for them. The breakfast was plenty - and I was repeatedly asked if I wanted more (there is something I don't quite understand in one of the previous posts about how the breakfast was 'meager') it certainly wasn't what I experienced.

They accommodated my need to access the internet (needed for my work) and where I didn't have a strong signal, they moved me to a better location.

They have been personable, and the environment was exactly what I needed.

Finally, plenty of parking for my huge car.

Woke up each morning to fresh views and beautiful landscape, and then had only a 10 minute drive into the centre of town. It only took 10 minutes due to roadworks.

Highly recommended

Room Tip: If you want internet, bue sure to let them know as one of the rooms has a limited reception - this i...