“What a great experience”

Aginhills Farmhouse
Ranked #5 of 53 Taunton B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Just got home after a night at aginhills farm.dont be put off by its remote location it adds to the experience.what a great relaxing experience it was.spotlessly clean great bedroom and ensuit with a superb breakfast. We will be returning thanks again

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Aginbird, Owner at Aginhills Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you so much for your generous review of your experience at Aginhills Farmhouse. All of our guests are special and deserve the best we can offer. The unique location so close to Taunton but feeling a million miles away is all part of the experience and we look forward to sharing it with you again. See you in the summer when you will be able to enjoy the tranquility of the outside as we'll as the inside.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

A big thank you to Angee and Bernard for their great hospitality. I've reviewed before but not long after they started - visiting again I can confirm that things go from great to greater with an additional room and the usual wonderful breakfasts (fresh eggs - you can even watch the chickens scratching around if you have a back room!).

Really easy to get to from the M5 (and current roadworks will, I think, make it even easier to get to on a cold rainy dark night when you're tired from a drive (as I was!).
lovely spot for walking along the canal into town - bit of a stretch but a great place to stay....

Room Tip: At the back to check out the hens or front for fields.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The B&B is situated down a quiet road near the canal and is a beautiful farmhouse renovated to a high standard by Angee and Bernard. We arrived early but where greeted warmly by Angee who showed us up to our room, which was bigger than the one we originally booked and equipped to a very high standard, we where even given fresh milk in a flask for our tea! The farmhouse is stunning and the lavender as you walk up the path to the front door smells wonderful! Breakfast was fab with eggs laid by Angee's own chickens which I had the pleasure of meeting afterwards (hope Dora, Lucy and girls are all keeping well) All in all our stay could not be faulted, Angee has a wonderful way of making you feel at home, she is a fabulous host. Dont hesitate to book if you are wanting to stay in the area, you certainly wont be disappointed. By the way Angee hope you eventually get your horse!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Booked for one night with my Mum as we were visiting a family member and attending a BBQ. We were made so welcome by Angee. We stayed in the family room and it was such a lovely big room with comfy beds and chair. The breakfast was excellent lovely hot plates and my eggs cooked just how I like them.
I think the work they have done on renovating the farmhouse is fantastic and the garden was great to look at (although I managed to fall over my own two feet and went headlong up the path nothing broken just my pride took a bashing !!).

We will certainly be returning and I hope to also bring my husband here sometime as well.

Been able to have access to wifi in our room was great too.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying here for a single night as part of a business trip to taunton. Angee (I hope I got your name right) was very welcoming and incredibly helpful, offering plenty of advice on local amenities and even how to get to my customer the next day whilst avoiding the traffic jams from some road works at the time.

The room was spacious, exceptionally clean and very comfortable with a good wifi connection. It was peaceful and I woke up feeling refreshed rather than my usual fatigue from a long early morning drive. There was a nearby pub which served some decent food and nice beers so I was happy.

In the morning I was met with a huge breakfast spread including a really lovely full english leaving me feeling very satisfied when I left to go off to the customer in the morning. Location was ideal, being just on the edge of Taunton with easy access to the motorway and town centre. My only advice is to make sure you read the directions provided rather than relying on the satnav, otherwise you'll end up on the wrong side of the canal!

Overall, very happy and I'd definitely stay here again if I'm back in Taunton. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Aginbird, Owner at Aginhills Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Thank you for your very positive review of our B & B. Such appreciation of our accommodation, location and service is a great reward, and makes the hard work involved a pleasure. We believe that we offer all our guests so much more than the more corporate establishments as you are a guest in our home and are treated as we would like to be treated ourselves. Best wishes and I hope we will meet again.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

we had a wonderful 2 night stay. family of 5. really friendly and helpful host. brilliant breakfast and very comfortable. would definitely return. Idyllic setting whilst incredibly convenient to Taunton and the M5

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Set off a tiny side road from the scenic canal, this traditional farm house is a real delight. The three rooms are in a modern out house, but in keeping with a traditional setting. Great stay; perfect Somerset lodgings!

• Stayed: May 2013
Aginbird, Owner at Aginhills Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Aginhills Farmhouse. We are so glad that you found our home to be exactly what we have intended it to be - a traditional farmhouse carefully renovated to provide modern facilities in each of its cosy bedrooms, all located in the original farmhouse building, and offering a warm welcome to each and every guest whom we have the pleasure to host. As long as you have enjoyed your stay as much as we have enjoyed meeting you then our job is done.