“Perfect for business travellers & couples alike”

Aginhills Farmhouse
Ranked #5 of 54 Taunton B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying here for a single night as part of a business trip to taunton. Angee (I hope I got your name right) was very welcoming and incredibly helpful, offering plenty of advice on local amenities and even how to get to my customer the next day whilst avoiding the traffic jams from some road works at the time.

The room was spacious, exceptionally clean and very comfortable with a good wifi connection. It was peaceful and I woke up feeling refreshed rather than my usual fatigue from a long early morning drive. There was a nearby pub which served some decent food and nice beers so I was happy.

In the morning I was met with a huge breakfast spread including a really lovely full english leaving me feeling very satisfied when I left to go off to the customer in the morning. Location was ideal, being just on the edge of Taunton with easy access to the motorway and town centre. My only advice is to make sure you read the directions provided rather than relying on the satnav, otherwise you'll end up on the wrong side of the canal!

Overall, very happy and I'd definitely stay here again if I'm back in Taunton. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Aginbird, Owner at Aginhills Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Thank you for your very positive review of our B & B. Such appreciation of our accommodation, location and service is a great reward, and makes the hard work involved a pleasure. We believe that we offer all our guests so much more than the more corporate establishments as you are a guest in our home and are treated as we would like to be treated ourselves. Best wishes and I hope we will meet again.

There are newer reviews for Aginhills Farmhouse

Reviewed June 1, 2013

we had a wonderful 2 night stay. family of 5. really friendly and helpful host. brilliant breakfast and very comfortable. would definitely return. Idyllic setting whilst incredibly convenient to Taunton and the M5

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Set off a tiny side road from the scenic canal, this traditional farm house is a real delight. The three rooms are in a modern out house, but in keeping with a traditional setting. Great stay; perfect Somerset lodgings!

• Stayed: May 2013
Aginbird, Owner at Aginhills Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Aginhills Farmhouse. We are so glad that you found our home to be exactly what we have intended it to be - a traditional farmhouse carefully renovated to provide modern facilities in each of its cosy bedrooms, all located in the original farmhouse building, and offering a warm welcome to each and every guest whom we have the pleasure to host. As long as you have enjoyed your stay as much as we have enjoyed meeting you then our job is done.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Where can I start when describing how lucky I was to find this fantastic B&B? It might be sufficient to say that I have recently ended a nearly 2 year contract in Taunton. Having discovered Aginhills during my first week in Taunton, I then stayed here for three or four nights a week throughout that two years, so it must be good. But that doesn't do it justice, so I must say more.

Let me start with the farmhouse. Nestled close to the canal towpath, it has recently been totally renovated and modernised, but retains lots of charming period features. So it has modern ensuite bathrooms/heating/televisions etc. but wooden ceiling beams, oak doors and fittings, and that welcoming farmhouse ambiance. The bedrooms are all spacious, ensuite (one with bath as well as shower), well decorated and furnished and impeccably clean, and the dining room is available should you wish to use it at night.

All this and 'Green' too - the rebuilding was undertaken with sustainability in mind - ask Angee about the renewable energy heating system and all the other things they did to make their farmhouse renovation as environmentally friendly as possible.

Outside the house there are gardens and an old orchard, and a hen run where a variety of hens ( standard layers and 'oh! isn't it pretty' varieties') make there contribution to your stay - more of that later. During a weekend when my family joined me here, my daughter was particularly taken with the chickens, was encouraged to help look after them and gather eggs, named one of the newcomers (Dora the Explorer) and indeed had one of the hens named after her - testament indeed to the friendliness of Angee, the landlady.

Which brings me to one of the most important and impressive aspects of Aginhills. Angee (and Bernard, her partner) could not have been more friendly, welcoming and helpful as hosts at this B&B. Nothing was too much trouble and they went 'the extra mile' to make my stay (and those of the many colleagues I introduced to Aginhills) a pleasure.

After all this prose you may think that there is nothing extra I can add to this review, but there is one thing without which even the best managed and presented B&B is nothing, and that is the Breakfast itself. Angee provides one of the best farmhouse breakfasts I have encountered - from muesli through fresh fruit salad to Full English - and remember the chickens? the eggs with breakfast will stay in your memory long after your stay has ended.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Fabulous B&B, Angee is very accommodating and offers up a great breakfast, her chickens eggs were lovely. I stayed here for 2 nights in Nov whilst on a coaching course at Taunton RFU. The setting is great and its very peaceful but its still only minutes from the Rugby Club by car and would be no more than 10 mins walk either. The house and rooms are lovely, nice and homely.

Room Tip: Double room has a fabulous en suite bathroom with both a Bath & Shower.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed for 1 night while on a course in Taunton. This place is super, and a refreshing change from the Travelodge / Premier Inn formula. Rooms are individual, spacious and very homely. Comfy bed in the double I had, and a massive bathroom, with huge shower and seperate bath. As much breakfast as you can eat, all cooked to order. Wonderful. Thanks

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Whilst visiting friends in Taunton we stayed at this lovely farmhouse. The room was spacious, clean and ideal for the three of us (our 3 yr old daughter was with us). It is an ideal place to use as a base in Taunton. Our 3 yr old was rather taken by the eight chickens that are kept in the back garden and was even allowed to collect the fresh eggs. The breakfast was tasty using locally sourced products (the eggs travelled a maximum of 20 ft from hen house to kitchen), the room furnished beautifully and Angee was very helpful in offering us details of local amenities. I can highly recommend and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends