“Delightful early supper here”
Review of Olio and Farina - CLOSED

Olio and Farina
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A Brasserie style restaurant with an Italian twist. Situated in Somerset square, just behind the Brewhouse theatre. Open Monday - Saturday from 10am serving tea, coffee and drinks and lunch from 12pm until 3pm. Dinner is avaliabe from Wednesday until Saturday from 6pm.
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We booked in for 6.15, very attentive service, good food, plenty to eat!

Good atmostphere, next to the County Cricket Ground, would be nice to return in the summer for a pre- dinner drink outside by the river.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I visited last week on early eve feeling quite peckish i was left a little disappointed after having two courses i was still hungry when i got home the service and staff was very good.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I meet a couple of girl friends here 2 or 3 times a month for lunch. We find the customer service excellent. We usually just have soup or a panini. They don't mind that we drink lots of water. We've never had a bad lunch and always enjoy ourselves. For lunch it's around £5-£8 for the food. We love it and return again and again.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I previously reviewed this restaurant having had a fabulous meal earlier this year. I have dined here again in the last week and can again say that the food, ambience and service is first class. The waiting staff and the owner are professional, efficient, friendly and couteous without being at all over-bearing. I cannot praise this place highly enough. For those who assume it is only an italian restaurant, I assure you it is not. The menu is imaginative and the food is delicious. A little known fact, they cater for gluten intolerance and so do not be put off if you have particular dietary requirements - you will find that the staff will accommodate your needs. Very highly recommended.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I live in Reading and visited Taunton to meet with friends. We were going to Zizzis but they were fully booked that evening so we chose Olio and Farina. They had been before but it was new to me. I looked at the website before I came but found no menu. I assumed the food would be Italian (pastas and pizzas) but as it turned out not so. However it was excellent and the service, as so many other reviewers have mentioned, was superb - relaxed, knowledgeable and efficient. Lucky Taunton