Days Inn Taunton
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsservice stationmotorway servicesmotorway service arearoom was cleanbreak a long journeysofa bedbristol airporttea bagsan updateovernight stopstayed here for two nightsflat screen tvgood nights sleepsouthboundroadchefcostastopover
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Hotel conveniently situated for Taunton. Extremely pleasant and friendly reception staff. Room was spacious, but there were a few issues: door wasn't easy to open, bulb in light above bed had blown, bed was a bit soft and it was impossible to manipulate the bath tap from the shower setting to the bath setting, resulting in having to run a bath from the shower head. Didn't bother me that food had to be bought from the motorways services area next door, although it was quite pricey! Was able to park directly outside the hotel in motorway services parking area. Overall, a reasonable experience for the low price we paid via a special deal. If we'd been paying full price - around £60 - for the room, I think I'd have been a bit miffed at the comparatively high price for a room no better than a £40 Travelodge room.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
nicodemus11, General Manager at Days Inn Taunton, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Firstly I,m glad to hear that you took advantage one of our special offers..and with the free parking for all our guests as you mentioned, it does help to reduce the costs. I,m sad to see you didnt take advantage of our reduced price meal vouchers which bring down the costs of eating on site too?
I apologise for the lamp blowing in your room,..we do have a plentiful supply, and would have changed it if we had known..and I do appreciate the bath / shower control can catch people out initially....but we are always here to help any of our guests with any issue they have.

Hopefully you,ll give us another try the next time your passing .

Reviewed April 15, 2014

No idea why as staff didn't let me know but this hotel has something behind the wall by the stairs which is extremely noisy this continued all night none stop, Sounds like a huge generator when I went to complain the shutter was down and nobody around in reception? following morning after very little sleep I left at 6am again shutter down nobody to talk to?

you couldn't pay me to stay here again
Regards
Mr Costello.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your comments.

I appreciate your comments regarding the noisy water pump which decided to create so much noise during the night of your stay. It was unfortunately out of our control until we could have it replaced .
It was actioned as quickly as we could, but this doesnt help you when you had a poor night.

If youd like to contact me further at the hotel

Thankyou

Reviewed April 9, 2014

stayed at days inn very nice welcome very helpful staff two at reception could not help enough and nothing was to much trouble to them even ran like clockwork when there systems went down ,they put customers first ,room was very clean comfy beds fresh sheets clean towels which were ample spare pillars,and plenty of tea and coffee in the room,one small thing some handles on windows need replacing as you cant fully tighten window but is secure due to being alarmed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
nicodemus11, General Manager at Days Inn Taunton, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Thankyou for your review of Days Inn. Your views matter to us, and we are so glad everything was how you wanted, and hope you,ll stay with us again soon

Reviewed April 6, 2014

No frills; polite staff; clean; tidy and cheap.. Sometimes you don't want a big fancy expensive hotel stay.. Sometimes you just 'need' cheap and cheerful where clean, warm, friendly, come as standard. This is exactly what I got when I stayed here..

Stayed in room 20 non smoking, shower pressure was excellent and could strip paint if you wanted it to. The only thing that I found fault was the remote control which needed new batteries, which really didn't bother me.

No delay on checkin or check out, like previous review. Look for 2 night £50 stay or 33% off when booking online via days inn website (terms may apply)

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
nicodemus11, General Manager at Days Inn Taunton, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for your review..its wonderful to read that you were so happy with what we provide, and yes those showers are great!

Taunton Days Inn is a great base for visiting Somerset, and of course a great stop off on the way to Devon and Cornwall, especially with our web site deals which make it even more affordable as you've found

Hopefully you will come and visit us here at Days Inn again
(I,ll make sure the remote has new batteries !)

Reviewed April 6, 2014

My wife has aging parents living in Taunton so whenever we visit the UK we spend three or four days at this Days Inn. It is clean, comfortable and excellent value for money and the staff are very friendly and generally quite efficient. Once you get used to the location on the M5 it actually provides a great base for touring Somerset and Devon.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for such a kind review of Days Inn.

Its always a delight to us to know that a guest thinks us good enough to keep returning

I hope you have enrolled in our `wyndham rewards` loyalty card, so you can have your free snacks and build up points for your free stay?