“Great M5 stop”
Review of Days Inn Taunton

Days Inn Taunton
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Reviewed September 29, 2013

A superb budget stop over if you are on the way the way to a holiday destination in Devon or Cornwall. The room was spaceous, clean, tidy with all the requirements one can need. It is very quiet and you have a surprising range of food on offer at the restuarants on the service station.

Room Tip: Book with plenty of time in advance to get the best vaue
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lawrence C
nicodemus11, General Manager at Days Inn Taunton, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thankyou for your review. Its always great when we have good feedback .
I,m glad you booked in plenty of time to obtain our best deals...always a great way of saving on the cost of a stay.
Hopefully you,ll stop with us again if your down this way again.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Taunton

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Ok, this won't be the best hotel you've ever stayed at. The rooms are a bit tired, need redecorating and the bed was a bit soft. BUT everything was clean, the receptionist was friendly, with the window closed you get no noise from the car park or the M5, free wifi, my family room could have slept 4 adults and a child in a cot. Free tea and coffee, hair dryer and telly. Service station 1 min walk away has a fresh sandwich shop, a costa, whsmith and a 24hr mcdonalds. All this for £30. I'd definitely use again..

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CurryBeast
nicodemus11, General Manager at Days Inn Taunton, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thanks for your review!! Its great to know that someone knows we are |GREAT value for money, we are very friendly and welcoming..and work hard for you to enjoy your stay!
I,m glad you liked the food provision at the main building... Costa, Fresh food company, and now the 24hr McDonalds!! Hopefully you,ll stay with us again when your next down this way again. Thankyou

Reviewed August 22, 2013

staff very nice rooms looked tired and needed redecorating beds very soft had chewing gum on bedding sheets so the bedding hadn't been changed and the pillows had a smell of cigarette smoke on them regarding food well all as I can say it was appaling at the fresh food restaurant it would be much better at mcdonalds I wouldn't have fed it to the dog that we had not got so to be honest we stayed their once but never again

Room Tip: if you thinking about staying here I would think twice and look around
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank EnglandCandies

Thankyou for your comments..
Just to say we most certainly do change sheets bedding and towels at every change..100% of the time. I,m sorry yours had something sicky on it..maybe the residue of a laundry tag that we didnt see..I do apologise.. If any guest had an issue I,d ensure it was put right 100% of the time..you just have to let me know.
Our food outlets are brand new and cater for the more traditional at fresh food company..to McDonalds and Costa..I,m sorry it didnt meet to your satisfaction...hopefully it would be better if you tried us again in the furture.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Room was dated but clean. Beds were soft and quit low. Basic facilities were provided tea, coffee, hair dryer. Other needs were available from a vending machine. We arrived after midnight and greeted by a pleasant receptionist. When we left the next morning at 9 the reception was unmanned. As the location was a service station and on M5 I expected traffic noise but there was none. Good enough for a cheep one night stopover only.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
nicodemus11, General Manager at Days Inn Taunton, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

I must thankyou for taking the time for your review.
We are glad you found the receptionist pleasant..we are always here to greet and help our guests. Even if reception is unmanned at anypoint as they are called away sometimes..theres a simple push buzzer which alerts the staff via pager to hurry back to assist whatever time of day or night.
We understand that guests choose travel at differing times, and many have late `check ins`..we really dont mind, We are there 24 hours to help you have a comfortable stay .
By the way...yep its quiet..fully double glazed , and way back from any disruption to avoid waking you during the night.
You mention the vending machine for certain emergency items , but you obviously missed our well stocked , and very reasonably priced selection of little extras such as toiletries , which help with any `forgot to pack` items! They are very popular . Hopefully youll stay with us again.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

stayed here two nights. no complaints. dog friendly, though charged extra for this which i wasn't informed of when booked via booking.com.
easy access. suited our needs.
clean and comfortable.
obviously breakfast not included and didn't appeal to pay extra for it, didn't look great.

• Stayed: July 2013
nicodemus11, General Manager at Days Inn Taunton, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thankyou for taking the time to write your review..its important to us to have guests feedback on their stay.
Yes we are a very dog friendly (or other pets for that matter, 3 max), all are are welcome at the hotel, .(unfortunately we do have to charge a nominal fee for the extra cleaning involved). All details should be on our daysinnrc website to enable anyone to book a stay with us.
Just to update you..weve had alot of work done in the last few weeks on the catering units on site..They are now able to offer McDonalds and Costa Coffee 24 hours aday! ..and the newly opened "Fresh food cafe" is open from 7am until 10pm at night offering a fresh, and appetising range of traditional fare and exciting new food options! Hopefully you,ll stay with us again when you are down this way again.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Days Inns are places I book if I just want a bed for a night in a convenient location at a lower than average price, and especially if arrival times are uncertain and possibly at anti-social times. This one ticked all those boxes, even if it's looking just a little tired.

In fact the worst part of our stay was breakfast. We'd paid for vouchers for breakfast at the service station which is undergoing repairs, so the regular facilities were not all available. We were told that we could also use them at Costa. It was then a tad embarrassing to have this questioned, debated, staff running to-and-fro and phoning round, only to be told we weren't eligible at the front of the now swollen queue. I suggest you check very carefully before you buy these vouchers.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank consettgashead
nicodemus11, General Manager at Days Inn Taunton, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Thankyou for your review.. We are glad you found the hotel to your expectations , we try to accomodate everyone even if its late checkins etc..its no problem at all.

The food vouchers we sell to our guests enable them to have £10 worth of food for the price of £7.50..so saving them money, and they can use them at the restaurant from 7am to 10pm at night so ideal for breakfasts or that evening snack. Did I mention kids eat free??? we think thats a great deal.

I apologise if their was some confusion, but you can use them at costa coffee, when the restaurant is closed after 10pm.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stay in Days Inns quite regularly on business but this was disappointing by the standards of others in the chain. My stay was a two day one for business

One advantage that this chain has is that you can ring them directly using a local landline. This branch however only has an 08 call centre line. This costs me a substantial surcharge on my telephone package. The US operative took a long time, not least recording my wyndhams reward number, all at my expense.

On arrival it seems that no record had been made of this on the local system.

Given that the approach to the hotel from the eastbound carriageway of the M5 is quite complex, it would be better service if they had a printed version of directions rather than relying on (two different) verbal recollections from different staff.

The way to the service station for food outlets is not well lit. There is such an amount of builidng work going on there that better lighting is necessary.

When I returned for my second night after a long day at work I was not pleased to find unemptied wastepaper basket, towels still on the bathroom floor, bed unmade etc.
When I reported this, I had understood that I was being given a voucher for food while I waited for the room to be attended to.

There was only one tiny outlet for a limited menu open due to the building works. On my return the room was still uncleaned.

Not what I expect from this hotel chain and I would not recommend my experience compared with what colleagues told me of theirs at the Holiday Inn Express by the Exeter exit from the M5.

O

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mpm_13

Thankyou for your review, we take all comments seriously and try to put things right if theres been a problem. I,m sorry that during your stay the food outlets were being upgraded. We now have McDonalds, Costa Coffee, and the hot food company restaurant all open (McDonalds and Costa 24hrs)a s well as a WHSmith for those all important essentials.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Taunton
Holiday Inn Express Taunton M5 Jct 25
Travelodge Taunton
#9 of 17 in Taunton
Travelodge Wellington Somerset Hotel
Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25

Been to Days Inn Taunton? Share your experiences!