“2 night stay at Days Inn,Taunton-May 2012.....”
Review of Days Inn Taunton

Days Inn Taunton
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Myself,hubby,2 sons and my mum stayed here for 2 nights in May over the bank hol.We paid £50 prpn,so a total of £200 for stay.Not bad value in my opinion for a budget hotel for a busy hol weekend.
Hubby,me and youngest son shared one room (double n sofa bed),eldest son and mum had another room with 2 twin beds in.Both a good size,clean and with all the usual amenities you would find.TV,tea/coffee facilities,bath/shower room etc.,
Staff on reception very helpful and we got checked in very quickly after a long journey from Berkshire being stuck in traffic jams and the only thing that annoyed us was when we arrived near to Taunton,it took us over an hour to find the hotel.The instructions from the website were abit misleading and we got totally lost going up and down little lanes etc.,Luckily we got there eventually.
The services on the doorstep was handy to get food/drinks/newspapers and other things from and the 2 mornings we where there we used it for breakfast.We didn't use the offer from the Hotel,instead just having a light breakfast each instead of a big fry up.
We where there for a friends birthday party in Taunton which is about 6/7 miles away from the hotel,so got taxi's there and back after the party.Rest of the break we used our car to travel around in.
Overall,we had a great break and found the hotel fine for our short stay and needs.We would have prefered a hotel nearer to Taunton but this was all we could find at reasonable prices for that time of year.
I would return if the need ever arises.........Not bad at all!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
nicodemus11, General Manager at Days Inn Taunton, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thankyou for your review. I,m glad you had an enjoyable stay

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a particularly rancid Days Inn. Keep away if dirty smelly cheap hotels annoy you. No-one expects much from a Days Inn, but how hard could it be to kill the mould with some bleach and a brush?

Its basically as bad as the worst travelodge you've ever stayed in

• Stayed: August 2012

I,m sorry you didnt enjoy your stay...we,ll make sure all our bathrooms are top notch for cleanliness

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed here for a two night break to visit Taunton, Minehead, Dunster, and other areas nearby. The hotel is situated on Taunton Deane motorway services on the M5. Our reception was friendly, the room was a good size, very clean, comfortable, and contained tea and coffee facilities, flat screen television with a good range of programmes, a good bathroom and excellent shower. The site also has normal motorway services, including a 24 hour shop and newsagent.
Despite being in sound of the motorway, the room was reasonably well sound insulated, and we slept well on both nights.
Much better than average, and much better value than other hotels offering four-star chefs, swimming pools, and various other things, if you don't want them!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thankyou for your comments.. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

This hotel is at best average - we stayed to break up the drive from the Northwest to Cornwall. We didn't have any issues with the decor as such, and our room was very clean (no signs of damp or fleas, like others have reported).

The reception staff were excellent, and very friendly. We arrived much later than anticipated due to the most horrific weather conditions - and the staff were most understanding.

As for other comments about waiting in reception for staff to arrive, so they could use the toilet - the hotel is sited in a motorway service station, where there are facilities at hand! I think some people like to complain for the sakes of complaining!

You can buy a voucher in reception for £7.50, which buys you £10 in value to spend in the restaurant in the service station next door! My only real complaint was, that when we went for breakfast at 7.30 the following morning, was that the restaurant was full to bursting! It is a really, really busy service stop on the M5!

Go with an open mind, as long as you don't expect the Ritz (or a decent Premier Inn), you won't be too disappointed.

Room Tip: We had the room next to reception - which was good!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thankyou for your comments. We are working with the catering manager at the services to make things even better at peak periods .

Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Me, my friend and her 4 year old daughter booked a family room here for 1 night whilst visiting friends in Chard.
The room was very clean and a good size. There were plenty of teas and coffees left for us and a stack of spare bedding and towels. The bathroom was really clean too although we were disappointed that they've gone down the route of wall mounted soap and shower gel dispensers and there was no shampoo!
Considering we were in a services hotel it was very quiet and all 3 of us got a good night's sleep.
The shower was powerful enough to wake you right up but the bathroom fan was extremely noisy. We resorted to using the light from our mobile phones rather than switching the light on.
All in all, a good, clean hotel that I would definitely stay at again.

• Stayed: August 2012
nicodemus11, General Manager at Days Inn Taunton, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

We are glad you enoyed your stay with us, and that it was up to your expectations..We,ll make sure theirs some shampoo next time.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We entered into the main reception area and the receptionist wasn't there. 5 minuites later she turned up and gave my nana and grandad their room and we had to wait 15 minuites while our room was being cleaned. There was no toilets in the waiting area and i needed a poo. We eventually got into our room. It was alright what you would expect a bathroom beds tv tea and coffee making facillities. As we settled down for bed i needed the toilet and the fan made a terrible racket. The room at night was very dull. Outside members of staff were loud and swearing. The bed was uncofortable and the curtains were like swimming trunks so light came through and my sisters bed was noisy. I got all of 2 hours sleep. DO NOT GO HERE IT IS AWFUL.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the side away from the enterance
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

We are sorry that that when you arrived you didnt see the main building, which is open 24 hrs with full toilet facillities. Obviously when its a very busy August day, sometimes bookings sent to us are sometimes not correct , hence the receptionist checked that your room was prepared for you. The building is usually very quiet at night. I apologise for visitors parked / walking outside the building could be heard, which is beyond our control.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I booked Two days ago on booking.com and paid £65 for a double room. My friend decided to stay too and paid the walk in price of £55 which was a little annoying.
The receptionist was lovely and the staff we met were extremely helpful and my review is by no means aimed at them.
My room was so smelly that I had to ask for air freshner to be sprayed.
I thought it was a smoke smell, bearing in mind its a non smoking hotel. The lady who sprayed my room said that it was the damp behind the sofa bed!
DO NOT LET YOUR CHILDREN SLEEP HERE!

THE SMELL WAS AWFUL AND I NOTICED IT MORE when I went to bed.
It got worse! I have big suspicions that there ate flees in the carpet as I have been bitten on my foot.

I will be seriously complaining when I check out!

• Stayed: August 2012
nicodemus11, General Manager at Days Inn Taunton, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

I am sorry to hear of your concerns...Im looking at updating all the rooms as and when we can.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Taunton
Holiday Inn Express Taunton M5, Jct.25
10 mi away
Travelodge Tiverton
Travelodge Tiverton
#4 of 4 in Tiverton

Been to Days Inn Taunton? Share your experiences!