Stayed one night at short notice, arriving without a booking mid-afternoon. The hotel was almost fully booked, so we were offered one of the Garden Suites (Blackdown) for the price of a regular double. Very friendly staff, especially the lovely receptionist. The room was spacious and incredibly comfortable - just like the bed. One can only wonder, though, at whose decision it was to allow the building of the Mecca Bingo hall at the front of The Castle - town planning at its very worst and most ridiculous! The interior of the hotel is lovely and begs exploration. Admittedly we didn't have dinner, but breakfast was delicious and, judging by the taste, of the best and freshest ingredients. Would definitely stay again - finances permitting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Castle at Taunton, your hotel in the heart of Somerset. Whether you are exploring the finest landscapes of England's West Country, seeking a wedding or conference venue or looking for fun and exciting holiday activities for the entire family - The Castle Hotel offers unrivaled accommodation with plenty of warm, friendly hospitality to make your West Country business or pleasure visit memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Castle at Taunton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Castle At Taunton Hotel Taunton
- The Castle Hotel Taunton
- The Castle Taunton
- The Castle At Taunton Somerset