“Overnight stay for Bridgwater carnival” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Taunton M5 Jct 25

Holiday Inn Express Taunton M5 Jct 25
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Overnight stay for Bridgwater carnival”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a night for the Bridgwater carnival check in was efficient free parking when you register your car reg with them. The room was a nice size and clean. Tea & coffee available in room could of done with some bickies with it. Breakfast was nice sausage beans & scrambled egg would of loved some bacon . Toast cereals & croissants & yogurt & fruit. Would stay again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Colinbaulch66

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Wirral, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Excellent location for our overnight stop en-route to Cornwall. And our dog could stay too. How civilised is that!
Booking, checking in and checking out plain sailing
Easy to find if you follow the simple directions on the website. Don't know how some people have driven down the bus lane! Avoid satnavs obviously!
Staff very professional and friendly. Room very clean and facilities excellent. Our tea tray was not topped up with milk, but the lovely staff pointed me in the direction of the "help yourself" supplies. There is also a microwave for the use of guests.
No restaurant for evening meals, but there is a pub a 2 min walk across the car park. No dogs allowed so we left Ruby in the car while we ate. Lovely start to the holiday sharing a meal and a glass of wine with neither of us driving. Then returned to the hotel bar, as we could take Ruby in with us. Yes, it was a bit more expensive than the pub, but worth it as Ruby could be with us. Service was a bit slow as there was an influx of arrivals, but we weren't bothered and the staff were very apologietic. Sadly there was no beer available on draught for hubby so he settled for Becks. But hey, my wine was lovely! And people usually give our dog - a rottie - a wide berth, but everyone made a fuss of her so she loved it too!
Breakfast - again we could sit in the bar area, away from the dining area, with our dog. Fab! Breakfast was good value.
Would I recommend this hotel? - yes. Would I stay again - definitely. The hotel only fell down on the mattress!
Thank you Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: We had room 009 at the back of the hotel. There was no noise to disturb us at all. even with the win...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Sleaford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

This was a stop over for one night.The room on the second floor was excellent .The beds were comfortable and there was tea and coffee available.The Harvester is next door and our meal there was rubbish.Dont bother.
Our only quibble was that we were woken at 5am by loads of people outside waiting for a mini bus .The people looked like they were going to work.
The breakfast was adequate would have been nice to have bacon to go with the sausage .
Would certainly use HIE again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Exeter
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I attended the Holiday Inn Express for an all day business meeting arranged by a manager of a company we work with. I parked in the hotel car park and entered the hotel. I worked along with colleagues in meetings all day in the breakfast eating area just beyond reception. During the day we purchased coffees and light bites and obtained a wifi code to enable us to access the internet. At the end of the day we left the hotel. The hotel provided us with a good service for meetings which went well. The problem began a week later when I received a parking charge notice for £100 from a company called Parking Eye, who said they were working on behalf of the hotel. The notice included two photographs of me driving in and out, saying that parking was limited to four hours, and that signs were posted around the car park. I didnt notice any but I have no doubt they exist. And so began a raft of correspondance and appeals which eventually led to the charge being cancelled, but not until after a lot of hastle and cost to me defending the claim. So beware, they are watching you. As a result of my experience, I would never stay at or visit this hotel chain again and no matter what the hotel manager writes in mitigation at the bottom of my report, the hotel wrongly created an awful and worrying experience for me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PaulBB B
TauntonManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Taunton M5 Jct 25, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear PaulBB B

Thank you for your review and the great comments about the service and families here at the Hotel.

I am sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused to you by the Parking Eye system in our car park. We have noted your concerns and I have addressed this with the entire team and we have looked at our procedures to stop this happening again in the future.

Car parking is free for all our guest and visitors and in future you would just need to register your car at reception to avoid any further fines.

Again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused and I hope that you will come and experience the service and the facilities, once more in the near future.

Kind Regards

Robert Holmes
Rushden, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is situated just off the motorway so is good for easy access. The staff were friendly and welcoming. I have stayed at many Holiday inn expresses, and this one is obviously well used as there are signs of ware and tare, with a few stains on carpets. The bed linen had a hole in it and was was flaking and the bed was uncomfortable and bouncy, so I did not get a good night sleep. On the plus there is free wifi and the free breakfast was welcomed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TauntonManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Taunton M5 Jct 25, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Carole P

Thank you for your review and your comments regarding the friendly staff here at the hotel.

I am sorry you found the bed to be uncomfortable and for the other issues you had with the room. I would very much like to discuss this matter further with you. If you would like to discuss this matter further please feel free to contact me direct on 0871 902 1632 or email gm@expresstaunton.co.uk

Thank you again for you review and I look forward to speaking to you further.

Kind Regards

Robert Holmes
Hamilton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

A friend and I stayed in this hotel which was so handy for our ferry from Weymouth to the Channel Islands. The accommodation was first rate, dog friendly, plenty of parking and the breakfast room was one of the best I've had at a Holiday Inn Express. We will definitely be using it again on our trips to the Channel Islands.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Geelong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

We used Taunton as our base for local travel - luckily for only two nights.

The Holiday Inn met all of our expectations and staff were wonderful in their assistance with tourist information. The room was clean and comfortable.

We used our hire car on three separate trips and using GPS we were directed hard right into Illminister Rd a bus lane. Like previous contributors "... never again"

Stay the hell out of Taunton. The signs are not visible as you leave the Holiday Inn. The GPS will direct you to the left. This is a straight out money grab by the Somerset Council. The signs are only visible from the roundabout. They must get dozens of us silly tourists.

I objected to the fines as I received 5 in two days. Luckily, I walked on two other occasions or it would have been 10. It's a rip off. I have written to local Councillors there are over 60 Councillors in Somerset Council.

The response "sorry case closed as they were paid" - by Avis our hire car company and I got the bill.

Stay out of Taunton as the bus lanes will catch you.

Sorry the Holiday Inn otherwise was great.

I will be emailing local papers and encourage others to do so as well. Highway robbery in Taunton is alive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple