“Huge room, nice hotel, excellent value”

Holiday Inn Express Taunton M5 Jct 25
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Aurora, Canada
“Huge room, nice hotel, excellent value”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our double room at the Holiday Inn Express in Taunton was large, inexpensive and very comfortably equipped. Of all the hotels we stayed at during our vacation in England, it was by far the best value. Located in a quiet business park close to the M5, the hotel features a small lobby bar and a large breakfast room. Breakfast is included at no extra charge. Furnishings and décor are tasteful and in new condition. While Taunton may not be a tourist mecca, it is conveniently located for a base to explore the larger region. I would definitely stay here again if I was travelling in this area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The price you pay is what you expect. The rooms are very nice simple clean with ample room.
The staff was very welcoming and helpful.
A funny story I was given a ground floor room and I left the widow open when I went to sleep. I heard a scratching in the night and felt something run across my arm. In a semi-conscious state I turned the light on to see a mouse on the curtains. OK it was only a field mouse but they are hard to catch at 2 in the morning, however I went to reception and they changed my room. I was told they caught the mouse sleeping in the morning and let it go as this sometimes happens.
The breakfast even though very basic was adequate.
Just to let you know in the evening I went to the, I believe it could have been a Harvester opposite the hotel; it was very unclean the staff seemed stressed and the food poor but that could have been because of a busy day but the place was dirty. The tables were not wiped the floor covered in food and it seemed that there were not enough staff.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Once again a Holiday Inn Express but this time for a Business stay with a slightly higher standard than a Premier Inn with the winning feature being free internet and breakfast.

The room was large for the price, quiet as it is set far enough back from the M5. It is very curiously 100m from a Holiday Inn hotel. The breakfast in the Express is very similar to that in a Premier Inn so missing the fresh pancakes of its posher neighbour the Holiday Inn down the road.

The air conditioning kept the room ice cold which was quite a feat given the 32C temperatures at the time, the pillows are the same as in a Holiday Inn and the mattress is quite comfortable. The room has quite a large LCD TV and there was some basic tea making facilities.

It was quite a pleasant stay, the staff were very helpful even though one of my party did have a reservation they were quite willing to call around and offer the hotel phone to chase it up.

I would stay again.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Well I thought I was booked in to here but somehow the booking from Onhotel.com did not get through to Holiday inn.
The staff were great and although they didn't have room and it definatly wasn't their fault, when I couldn't get the situation resolved by Onhotel.com the booked me into a lovely local hotel Fathings at no extra cost.
I didn't enjoy the confusion but in the end it was fine, so thanks to the female receptionist on duty on the 12 July 2013 who was very patient with a tired and grumpy artist.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2013

we stayed here and were very pleased big room, bed good,, wet room
good tea and you can have extra tea if you want , also they have take away menus and you can have food sent there and use their facilities all very helpful

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Gloucestershire
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed in the holiday inn express on Monday 1st July as I was working in Taunton the next day.

It was east to find, and yes, it is on an industrial estate but I was not staying there to look at the scenery, but for a place to resy my weary head on.

The staff were VERY helpful, and even aranged for my almond milk to be put in their fridge ready for me to use at breakfast the next day.

My room was large as well as spacious and had everything I needed including a hairdryer which saved me having to take my own.

The hotel is immediately next door to a harvester which I always love, and was very happy to eat my tea here.

I slept very well and liked the choice of pillows on my bed.

Finally, brekfast to me was an absolute bonus as it was included in the price of £79 which was much cheaper than the other B&Bs I was looking at in Taunton.

I thought the choice was great as it had lots of different cereals, croissants as well as small cakes, and a choice of cooked sausages, baked beans, scrambles eggs and toast.

All in all I think that this hotel is excellent value and much cheaper than the other B&B's I usually stay in when I work in Taunton.

I think that I will be staying here agaion the next time I am due to work in Taunton.

Room Tip: I was on the ground fl.oor which was better for carrying my small amount of luggage.
Lancashire
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Good c k wan and modern. But smaller beds than usual Holiday Inns. A room for 2 had a normal size double and a sofa bed which seemed odd. It is on the edge of a commercial estate and surrounded by offices but with a good Harvester next door.

Staff helpful and breakfast plentiful.

If like us you travel in by train watch for differing taxi fares. Station to hotel £12 but hotel to station £8.60. Used the recommended company hotel to a wedding £16.80 one way and helpful driver, they sub contracted on way back at only 10pm and charged £25 with surly driver. Spoiled the day for us.

• Stayed June 2013