“Weekend in Taunton”

Holiday Inn Express Taunton M5 Jct 25
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Beautifull hotel with a very nice pub next to it (food and service was reeeeally good there) ,we only stayed there one night as we went to visit family in Taunton. Hotel staff was friendly and we didnt have any problems,I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Taunton M5 Jct 25

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I booked in because the Holiday Inn where I wanted to stay was full. It was a first Holiday Inn Express experience for me and I won't be rushing back as this is not the sort of hotel experience I enjoy. Positive points: Reception staff were efficient and helpful and the room was spotlessly clean. The bed was comfortable and there was a choice of pillows which was really good to see in a budget hotel.
Less good points: the towels were the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel bathroom. The sheet did not fit the bed! It was short lengthwise by about 12 inches so my feet were on the mattress cover and the sheet kept coming undone at the sides which did not make for a restful night. The dual air-conditioning/heating unit was insufficient for the room and very noisy so I was cold even with the unit set on 25 degrees! The curtains were some sort of plastic material which were horrible to touch. The wifi was really poor in the room and in the bar. The sound proofing was poor so there was a lot of noise. I was booked for two nights but went home after one night. I am sure this would be fine if you just wanted somewhere inexpensive to lie down but this was not a hotel chain for me.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
TauntonManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Taunton M5 Jct 25, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Lappers Devon

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay with us in January.

I am delighted to hear that our staff were efficient and helpful during your stay. Delivering great customer service is a huge focus for the team. I have passed on your kind comments to the housekeeping team about the cleanliness of your room and addressed the issue regarding the sheets on the bed.

Thank you for bringing to our attention that you found the WIFI to be poor in the room and in the bar. I am pleased to inform you that we are having a new system being installed which will continue to improve the speed and connection of the WIFI in the hotel. Still allowing free WIFI access in the bar, reception and breakfast areas.

We are currently in communication with our suppliers to upgrade the towels in the bathrooms to Bath Sheets which is scheduled to happen in the near future.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us and hope to welcome you back soon to enjoy our continued improvements.

Kind Regards

Gemma Ball
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night at the end of January 2013.

Check in was good, staff friendly and recommended places I could get something to eat. As I was checking out at 6am, they said I could take breakfast from 5.30 as everything would be set up.

Room was pretty much what you would expect from HIX, clean and comfortable.

I am likely to back in the Taunton area in the next few months and won't hesitate staying at this hotel again.

Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Good standard stay, was looked after well, breakfast was good as usually. Rooms where small but adequate. Rooms and hotel was clean throughout. No thrills type hotel but it is a holiday in. Very good value.

Would use again.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Ok - nothing special but would stay here again. Came as part of a group for an event so didn't spend much time in the hotel really. The only downside was the restaurant - the harvester had a very limited range of vegetarian food.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed over Christmas and the service was excellent with the staff making it very clear what was and wasn't available over the bank holidays including offering to change the bedding on Christmas day (it would have been the reception staff instead of the cleaners).

The room was large (two double beds and a sofa bed), clean, and quiet. A bit of a long walk to town but very convenient for the motorway.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We went down to Taunton to visit friends and after only spending £35 for a night including breakfast we weren't expecting much but it was wonderful for the money spent. Spotlessly clean, incredibly quiet and very comfortable. There is a harvester right next door about a 1 minute walk away so don't worry about finding somewhere to eat in the evening and breakfast was surprising as it included sausages, beans and scrambled egg along side the usual things to be expected with continental. Well done Holiday Inn Express, I will definitely look out for you again in the future.

Room Tip: Book 21 days in advance to get special price deals.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple