All reviews compact room mini bar town centre fresh milk in the fridge no lift pleasant stay busy road full english sunday lunch cricket ground breakfast was excellent evening meal hairdryer character voucher stopover
Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with work on a Tuesday evening in October.
Staff were very friendly and the main facilities (bar/restaurant) were good and well presented.
Unfortunately I was stuck out in the annex which is in dire need of refurbishment and reminiscent of Fawlty Towers. Depressing is the main word I would use. Given the B&B rate I’d paid I expected a lot more. Sadly Taunton seems to have a shortage of hotels so places can charge what the market will sustain not what a room is worth.
Breakfast was nice enough.
Given the parking issues (it’s £5 if you can get in the car park, if not it’s abandon on a side street) I’d probably look to stay outside Taunton next time and get more for the money.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

We had a delicious Sunday lunch for 6 members of the family. We all had starters and most of us had the roast dinner. The vegetarian mushroom pie looked lovely too. The portions are lovely and generous. A couple of us had room for dessert and they were superb too.
Lovely friendly and helpful staff.

Trip type: Traveled with family
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed Sunday lunch with us and that the team were on form. With Christmas Party season coming up spread the word as we are taking bookings now.

Thanks

Reviewed October 11, 2017

This hotel is well appointed just a short walk from the town centre and opposite the the courts as well as having Tescos and Lidl supermarkets 2 mins away.
The rooms are varied but on my 2 stays have been spacious and very comfortable. The staff are helpful and courteous and the breakfasts and bar meals are good. Wifi is free and although parking is charged at £5 a night, you get a £5 voucher to take off food and drink. So in effect free. Would definitely recommend.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your positive review and as you highlight we are fortunate to have a fantastic location in the town centre. It is great to keep reading positive reviews about our staff.

Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

Hotel is a bit on the quirky side. The room (40) was in an annexe but was pretty good. Loads of room and reasonably priced mini bar. But the highlight of the stay was the guy who came to serve on the bar at 10.45. He walked in and went behind the scenes for a while ignoring the queuing public. My wife ordered two drinks. He hadn’t got a clue what she ordered being unable to understand. He was last seen crawling on all fours behind the bar. God only knows what he was doing down there. Amazing!!!! A total nutter !!!!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank robhilly

I have been thinking about your review for several days and hence the reason for my delay in responding. There is more to this story than you have written about as I had several guests comment on your behaviour and sadly this was not in the positive.

I will leave it at that.

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

Very good for business stay. But room would have been a bit small for two people. However, the food was very good - and the same menu choice is available whether you eat in the restaurant or bar area. Both were pleasant places to sut and eat. There was a standard menu on offer with a reasonable choice and also a selection of 'specials'. I would have rated this a 4 had not the stair carpet and corridors look worn and tired. However bedroom was fresh and had everything needed.

Trip type: Traveled on business
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Tired and worn stairs and corridors will be no more very soon with our team of decorators getting on to these in the next few weeks. Our challenge is to upgrade these areas without impacting on guests who are staying. I love the smell of paint in the morning but some people find it a little off putting.

As I type this our drive is being dug and a new water pipe is being laid to upgrade the water pressure to the building and this should give us vastly superior shower pressure.