I stayed here at the last minute, without time to look up on Tripadvisor, and can understand why there are mixed reviews. But I loved it:
- Contemporary but comfortable decor - good carpets, flat screen TV, tasteful furniture, good work area with adequate lighting
- Spotlessly clean
- Comfortable bed
- Powerful shower
- Tea and coffee maker, with fresh milk and complimentary mineral water in a fridge
- Powerful hairdryer
- Good work lighting
- Nice little touches like a fresh flower in the room
- Completely refurbished (and extended into the next door building) in the last few months
- Proximity to road - if you are at the front it is really noisy
- It's an old building - there will be ill-fitting windows, noise from the plumbing, etc.
- Variable room sizes. Mine was huge, but my colleague had a small one
All the above has to be taken in the context that I paid about £70 for the room, so I think it is great value. It also has what looked like a really good brasserie with a huge range of reasonably priced wines. Unfortunately, we did not get the chance to eat there. The breakfast was excellent. And the staff were all friendly and helpful.
I would definitely return, but would request a room at the rear and make sure I had earplugs in case.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking