This hotel is a little off the beaten track but worth the journey if you want a quiet pleasant stay. We were greeted on arrival and made welcome immediately. The log burner in the hallway was a great place to warm up and unwind after travelling from Cornwall. Our room was very spacious although a little cold since it was January and the heating was provided by cast iron radiators. The very large bathroom, however, was comfortably warm. We had a lovely evening meal in the restaurant (part of the package). My husband had an excellent local steak and I had the mushroom stroganoff which was superb. Starters and desserts were equally good: indeed the home made ice cream is a must for any ice cream fans! Snow was forecast and arrived during the night but it didn't prevent the staff from getting in. So we had an lovely English breakfast to see us on our way home. Only two small disappointments; it was a pity that there was no wifi in the bedrooms and the coffee in the sachets provided, although a quality make, was a little bitter for those of us who drink it black.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delightful Country House Hotel. The building dates from 1762 and carries many of it's original fetures. Delightful, individually decorated rooms, lovely restaurant offering the best of locally sourced & seasonal produce, log fires by winter and lovely gardens by summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Farthings Country House Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farthings Country Hotel
- Farthings Country Taunton
- Farthings Country House Hotel And Restaurant Taunton, Somerset