We often come to Taunton to see friends and normally stay at the castle hotel but after a string of avarge stays and one very poor one we took the advice of friends and tried the Farthings hotel as the hype of this up and coming hotel was brought to there notice. Its pretty much as there website sugguests a mini 'River Cottage' there own animals running free from chickens to peacocks and a lovely orchard. The rooms are large, very clean and well presented but the real gem of this hotel must be the food. The menu was well written and full of choice. My starter (West Bay Crab) was like Art on the plate and was stunning in every way and the main (Lamd neck fillet from a butcher down the road!) was just to die for and Fell apart in the mouth with a burst of flavor. best meal I have eaten out in years. Congrats.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delightful Country House Hotel. The building dates from 1762 and carries many of it's original fetures. Delightful, individually decorated rooms, lovely restaurant offering the best of locally sourced & seasonal produce, log fires by winter and lovely gardens by summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Farthings Country House Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farthings Country Hotel
- Farthings Country Taunton
- Farthings Country House Hotel And Restaurant Taunton, Somerset