“A nice little restaurant”
Review of The Old Mexican

The Old Mexican
Ranked #165 of 265 Restaurants in Taunton
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Only Mexican retaurant in Taunton now offering a takeaway service
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I came here for a meal midweek. The food was lovely. I had king prawns as a starter and fish enchilada. The staff were friendly. I would recommend this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for The Old Mexican

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Food was great, and staff excellent. Monday was clearly a quiet night. But they were open and happy to chat to me, the lonely business traveller. A beer and a main for £10 and I was more than happy.

1  Thank PhilBell_OS
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My partner and I went to The Old Mexican for a nice evening out. I had the Peppers and a sweet potato enchilada, my partner had pollo nachos and beef fajitas. The food was lovely and the portion size is very generous which suited my greedy partner. the rice is a little bland but works well with very flavourful food. The service was excellent and the girl serving us was very polite and attentive. We waited about 10 minutes for our starters and only about 10 more for the mains. We didn't order puddings as we were too full but will defiantly go back again and try the pudding!

Do not listen to all the bad reviews you here, the food is very nice, the atmosphere is great and the service is nothing to moan about. we have been to other mexican restaurants in London and this is much better than many of the chain mexicans. Give it a chance!!

1  Thank Shell_40_12
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Went with a group & pre ordered our food, there was one slight hiccup with one of the starters being forgotten but they offered a free drink and the starter soon appeared piping hot. Everyone enjoyed both starters & main courses. The food by it's nature is very filling so not everyone could manage a dessert but those that did said they were very nice.
Reasonably priced good food, friendly service, would recommend giving a try.

2  Thank norm-spurs
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Recently celebrated my sons 18th birthday here with family and friends. First time for some. We pre ordered our food and it came out hot, well presented and on time.

Some of our party don't eat Mexican food and they kindly offered some alternatives including chicken nuggats for a young teenager and plain steak and chips.

The staff were efficient and friendly and made us feel very special. Cheers guys - we'll definitely be back