“Very enjoyable experience”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2014

What a lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon, lovely Sunday lunch, fantasic jazz band with an amazing singer, nice clean surroundings and friendly staff. Will definitely be returning again soon

There are newer reviews for Castle Green Inn

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I loved this place -see below UNTIL it changed hands to a rude and obnoxious man. Un welcoming and low and behold no dogs now. Pretty crap. Obviously the lovely staff thought the same because they are also gone. Advice. Try the drawing room across the way. They do allow dogs and you can enjoy a lovely meal with very welcoming people. Dogs are a domesticated animal. They don't spread germs. Get over it. We like to go out as a family. So e of us only have dogs as our children.

2  Thank Tanya W
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Spent a fantastic afternoon at the Castle Green Inn on Sunday 26 January. serenaded by a superb 22 piece jazz band - The Deane Big band ,it really was a great way to spend an afternoon. it was my first visit on the recommendation by my freinds and i'm glad we went. its been taken over by new management, and according to my pals they have noticed a real change. its very nicely decorated with lots of comfy seats. The menu is very good and quite comprehensive. we had the Sunday roast which was excellant. im not an ale drinker, but my freind who is real enthusiast was raving about the Jurassic... and said it was extremely drinkable and very well kept!!!. The new management were very friendly and made us feel very welcome, taking time to check if we were ok and tell us about future events coming up. if your a jazz enthusiast like us, then I thoroughly recommend going as they will be having jazz every Sunday, so its definitely one too remember. overall I was extremely impressed, it was very clean,the staff were so freindly and made us feel very welcome, I will definitely go again.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

We went to the castle green for lunch today and if not for 2 minor things I would rate it a 5 star experience.

When I enquired how long the food was taking I was rather rudely told that it is all freshly made and they don't do things by halves. I only asked as I had booked my children in to see Father Christmas so we had limited time to eat. Was rather taken aback by the response I got, such a shame.
I ordered a bacon and Brie baguette and when it arrived the bacon was missing! The staff dealt with this promptly and apologised so was not an issue, dealt with very well.
The food was absolutely delicious and was presented fantastically with good sized portions! The children's meals are only £4 and were huge and very tasty! (So my sons told me!)
Overall we had a great experience there and will definitely return when we have longer to enjoy our meals :) ps: their seasonal mulled wine is delicious!!!

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Just got home from a pleasant afternoon & early evening here. My husband & I met in braz nearby for coffee but after my recent visit to castle green inn I suggested eating there. We both had burgers that simply blow every other burger in town out the window. We eventually finished eating & looked at our options were in the ale department. I was aware from previous visits that the selection is everchanging. I settled on a three thirds of a pint board & tried a darkstar pale ale, a midnight blinder stout & a flashmans clout both by DBC all very nice. I then tried a dark lager by freedom which was more to my liking than my husbands but he tried & stayed on the meantime london pale for the duration. Both barman were excellent, happy to converse with us about the beer & up coming plans for the place.
This is tauntons best kept secret for the 30+ & great for couples. I will return for the jazz next month.