“Excellent night with great buzz in the restaurant”
Review of Tristans Bistro

Tristans Bistro
Ranked #20 of 265 Restaurants in Taunton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Tristans Restaurant and Wine Bar is ran buy husband a wife partnership Ashley and Georgie. We have a monthly menu to keep things interesting and also keeping to seasonal produce.The restaurant itself has intimate tables for two as well as tables suitable for gatherings of friends up to 12 plus it has the benefit of the recently refurbished and redecorated Garden room making it a popular venue in Taunton for parties up to 26 for a wide range of events and celebrations.The addition of the bar and seating area at the front of the restaurant provides a relaxed wine bar feel and we now welcome diners and non diners to sit and relax with a glass of wine, pre-dinner aperitif or post dinner coffee.
Reviewed September 25, 2013

A lovely evening with colleagues with great food at a reasonable price.

The owner was on hand and friendly and the place was practically full on a Tuesday night

TristansTaunton, Owner at Tristans Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you T20 Driver ( nice van btw!)

So glad you enjoyed your meal and experience @Tristans.
Its been a challenge but its great to see we have begun to fill the restaurant on weekdays and not just the weekends-The great Midweek offers ( like 2 courses for only £16) have helped coupled with the high quality food and relaxed dining experience.
We really appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues back soon
Best wishes

There are newer reviews for Tristans Bistro

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

The food was outstanding in my visit, good portions and felt sophisticated yet home cooked, very good. The atmosphere was good, relaxing music and nice interior. The staff were average, they brought our food to our table, there is little more to say. Would recommend but if I was the owner I would like to see some more life from the front of house.

TristansTaunton, Owner at Tristans Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, always great to get feedback especially such positive feedback!

I will speak to the front of house team as usually they are pretty bubbly and very friendly so not quite sure what had occurred that evening- very glad to hear it didn't spoil your evening and thank-you so much for your 5 star review

Reviewed September 16, 2013

After walking past every day on my commute to work and thinking that At Tristans looks like a lovely place to eat, I finally decided to try it out.
We made reservations on a Friday night for 7pm however when we turned up we were told we would have to wait for our table but as a group had cancelled and they needed to re-arrange furniture.
We were asked to wait next to the bar which was well decorated and had a cosy feel about it, we waited there for around 10 minutes before being shown to our table, which was in the conservatory, again it was decorated in a quaint manor and had vines growing up the wall it provides a very relaxing feel and was worth the wait to be seated there. However, I do feel it would be a nicer place to sit in the summer as it was slightly cold.

Our waitress came to order drinks and meals promptly which was excellent, the selection of food was fantastic and it was very difficult to make a choice as every option sounded fantastic. The wait on our food was around 10 minutes, when our food came out she did get our order mixed up first but explained it had been 'one of those days' and came back within the minute with our actual meals.

The food itself was delicious, For starters I had the Olive bread bruschetta and for mains the mushroom ragu and my partner had a chicken starter and the lamb dish for his main.They all were beautifully presented and well cooked and seasoned. We both agreed that the sauces on our mains tasted great but didn't take away from the flavors of the meals as some places do, At Tristans have mastered that perfect balance of flavor.The portions were very also reasonable.

Our waitress came back to check on our meals very quickly to make sure everything was okay (which of course it was) and asked if we wanted any of their wines to accompany dinner. I did have a look at the wine list and each was explained in detail about the different notes and tastes, it's little details like that, which make this restaurant stand out, although neither of us had wine in the end.

She left us to eat in peace which was perfect as with some places you do feel pestered whilst eating. She returned around 5 minutes after finishing to clear plates and offer desserts, again there was a fantastic selection and it was very difficult to choose from as they all sounded amazing. My partner went for the cheese board and I went for the treacle tart. I felt both portion sizes were very generous and once again very tasty.
I feel that the cost of our courses reflects the quality of our meals, it was very good value for meals that are made with fresh and local ingredients.

We both thoroughly enjoyed our visit to At Tristans the atmosphere was lovely, they design and lay out of the restaurant was cosy and warming. Very friendly and helpful staff and food that both looked and tasted fantastic. Only a few minor touch ups needed to turn my rating from a 4* to a 5* e.g no wait on our table, the room temperature and bringing out correct dishes first time. Hopefully I will get to change the rating next time we visit, as we will definitely be going back. I would really recommend At Tristans if you want somewhere relaxing to eat.

Dear Dani
I agree the temperature had dropped that night and caught us out somewhat, we have since fired the boiler back up as clearly the summer is over ( far too quickly ;-( )

Sorry for the delay on your table- cant explain that one as you had an early booking but I will check with our manager, happy to see it didn't spoil your night too much

Hope to see you back soon to see if we can achieve the 5 star rating

Reviewed September 11, 2013

we had a family party at tristans last evening,we were given a very warm welcome,we all thought the choice of menue(includinga 12yrold and a 14 yr old)to be excellent and cooked to perfection.the staff were very friendly and very helpful,we had such a lovely evening we cant wait to go again.well done tristans we have at last found a restaurant worth another visit.

Glad the youngsters enjoyed themselves as well- we do and try to accommodate for all tastes and palates

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Went to Tristans at the weekend and hadn't been for a while. The new a LA carte menu was great value, just as cheap as some of those restaurant chains, but really good quality food. I had the steak, which was cooked to a perfect medium rare and my wife's duck was deliciously moist.

The service was extremely friendly without being overbearing and it's definitely somewhere to go for a romantic meal out, or equally a dinner with friends.

We definitely won't be leaving it so long before we visit next time.

Dear Stewart