“Fab Night out and Top Notch Nosh”
Review of Tristans Bistro

Tristans Bistro
Ranked #10 of 271 Restaurants in Taunton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Tristans Restaurant and Wine Bar is ran buy husband a wife partnership Ashley and Georgie. We have a monthly menu to keep things interesting and also keeping to seasonal produce.The restaurant itself has intimate tables for two as well as tables suitable for gatherings of friends up to 12 plus it has the benefit of the recently refurbished and redecorated Garden room making it a popular venue in Taunton for parties up to 26 for a wide range of events and celebrations.The addition of the bar and seating area at the front of the restaurant provides a relaxed wine bar feel and we now welcome diners and non diners to sit and relax with a glass of wine, pre-dinner aperitif or post dinner coffee.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I dined out with friends in January and had a super night.

The bistro has atmosphere and is of a size that generates a nice buzz.

The food was excellent - my lamb was cooked to perfection with the accompaniments proving delicious. The dessert cheeseboard can be recommended.

Overall, it was a nice experience and when next in town I shall be heading back.

I understand changes have been made and more planned.

Can't wait to revisit!

1  Thank JordyBirmingham

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had a lovely evening, the food was fantastic and the service was great too! Will be returning soon thats for sure. Thank you!

1  Thank Leighcxx
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Have been a regular for quite a few years and have never had a bad meal! Many people will miss Jenny but the new guys Chris & Reece have got off to a flying start. By keeping the same chef, the standard of food is just as good (amazing). Love the new decor & signage. Only tiny negative was that I was sat on a wooden bench which was a bit hard so I used one of the new decorative cushions for a bit of padding, sorry guys, hope I didn't flatten it too much :0. As usual, the staff were lovely & friendly. Thanks Reece for my complimentary birthday drink, oh & the candle in my yummy dessert with the words 'happy birthday' written in red sauce, nice touch !!!
I look forward many future visits. Well done & I wish you every success.

rhys1984, Manager at Tristans Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank You Somerset Princess !

Thank-you very much for taking the time to review our restaurant, really glad to hear you had a great time.
Just so you know we have added extra cushions around the restaurant now so you can now sit in comfort without guilt of flattening them ;-)

Hope to see you back again soon

Best wishes
Cris & Rhys

Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I recently dined here for our anniversary. We had never been before but after speaking with the staff we understand there are new owners. The gentleman behind the bar was attentive and knew his stuff about the wine etc. The waitress took our coats and showed us to our table. The restaurant had a really nice atmosphere and you didnt feel rushed which is what I feel with many other places these days. The food was very good and full of flavour. We really enjoyed our evening so much so that we returned just 2 weeks later to give Sunday lunch a go. I am very picky when it comes to a good roast and often prefer my own. Having lived in the area for only a year we had yet to find a good place for Sunday lunch. However this is the place! Myself not being a big meat eater I normally leave the meat but the beef I had was literally to die for. My knife sliced through it like butter and it was delicious. The roasties were cooked to perfection and there was a huge amount of veggies too. We ate as part of a group of 4 adults and 3 children. Children were welcome and were really made to feel special. The only thing I would change about Tristains is to open on Sunday evening too as I want to go every single week and lunch time isnt always possible for us. Well done to the new owners you hit the nail on the head and will soon be flying up the ranks on here.

1  Thank naomib04
Reviewed February 18, 2013

A really lovely evening with great food and service and a few really nice touches. On arrival we were handed a glass of Prosecco and invited to browse the menu before having our coats taken and being led to our table. The tables were immaculately laid out, with a red rose, basket of bread and candles on every one. The back of the restaurant where we were sat is much warmer than it used to be with nice background music and a relaxed vibe. I had the salmon and trout to start and my wife had a goats cheese salad, both were well presented and tasty. We both then had the lamb, served on a bed of sweet potato with mixed vegetables. The lamb didn't need cutting it just melted it was so well cooked, the veg was nicely cooked and the mash modestly flavored so as not to ruin the dish....an absolute treat. We finished with a chocolate indulgence, which was basically some warm dark chocolate with a selection of fruits and marshmallows to dip, both adventurous and interesting and a great way to end the 3 courses. The wine list was extensive and the wine we chose was well priced and selected and went very well with the food. We had a nice chat with the new owners about their plans for this superb little restaurant and were relieved to hear that the staff and chefs are all staying as they really make this place what it is.

1  Thank jakeTaunton