“Brilliant restaurant - highly recommend it!”
Review of Tristans Bistro

Tristans Bistro
Ranked #19 of 265 Restaurants in Taunton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At Tristans Restaurant and Wine Bar is ran buy husband a wife partnership Ashley and Georgie. We have a monthly menu to keep things interesting and also keeping to seasonal produce.The restaurant itself has intimate tables for two as well as tables suitable for gatherings of friends up to 12 plus it has the benefit of the recently refurbished and redecorated Garden room making it a popular venue in Taunton for parties up to 26 for a wide range of events and celebrations.The addition of the bar and seating area at the front of the restaurant provides a relaxed wine bar feel and we now welcome diners and non diners to sit and relax with a glass of wine, pre-dinner aperitif or post dinner coffee.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I recently went to this restaurant with a couple of colleagues during the week. I had never been before and I was very impressed! We had a drink at the bar before we sat down to eat. There was a great selection of wine to choose from (by the glass as well) and some good lagers and real ales. Being a real ale fan I was delighted to see a selection from Cotleigh Brewery!

The service was great. The staff were very friendly and attentive but discreet at the same time. The menu catered for all tastes and had good vegetarian alternatives too. I had a steak which was cooked to perfection and extremely tender with lovely veg and some of the best chips I have had for some time! My colleagues were also very impressed with their meals - this is certainly one the best restaurant in Taunton.

I had a brief chat with one of the new owners who was extremely passionate about the restaurant. They are making some alterations to the interior which I think will make an already great restaurant even better!

I am surprised to read the review from carlos8484 - he must have eaten in a different restaurant :-)

I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank Seb C
There are newer reviews for Tristans Bistro

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I got recommended to go to jennys by some one , so I thought I would surprise my wife , I have been to alot of restaurants but never came arcross such dull food for instance like our starters Italian selection which consisted of runny hommus bland salami which look shop bought , then we thought we would give the main a chance and if things couldn't get any worse! The steak came!the steak was average!but what came with it was even worse a cut tomato with raw broccoli stuck in it with a bit of melted cheese ?chips were thick and stacked up which tasted like oil , then my wifes dish was like a mircowave beef in red wine sauce which looked out of a tin , then the same sauce my wife had on her dish was poured on my steak which was odd as it didnt state that,we hardly ate it ,paid ,left will never return , its the worst restaurant we have ever been too

2  Thank carlos8484
Reviewed February 13, 2013

A very welcoming and relaxed staff, interesting but unpretentious food very well cooked in sensible portions and excellent value for a two course evening meal. Nice wines and very attentive waitress - and the prices mean you do not have to keep it for a special occasion. We will certainly be back

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Another evening visit.
Everything in order.

Just some photos of our food.

Understand this restaurant has changed ownership in last two weeks and is to be known as At Tristans

2  Thank TriflingCircle
Reviewed February 1, 2013

If you are looking for somewhere to go that is small, intimate and excellent food then this is the place look no further. We went on thursday 31st Jan 2013. We were greeted warmly. The staff are friendly and cannot do enough for you. The food is superb. Nothing is too much trouble for them. The choice of food and wine is amazing. something to suit all tastes. My advice is to book before hand as was busy. Please please please give this place a go once you have been there you wont want to go anywhere else.

3  Thank spike13Somerset