“Probably the best fillet steak I have ever had!”
Review of The Cow Shed

The Cow Shed
Ranked #3 of 405 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Cow Shed focuses on serving local seasonal produce, cooked with a modern English style – presented to you in our cosey and intimate dining room by a professional team of attentive waiting staff, and accompanied by a wide selection of wines.
Leeds
“Probably the best fillet steak I have ever had!”
Reviewed May 27, 2009

This review is coming from a lover of fine food, and I had the fillet steak with a peppercorn sauce, and it was amazing. I oredered it medium-rare (which is the best way to eat steak in my humble opinion) at it came perfect! my knife slipped through the meat like butter.

Not forgetting the chips, which were home made chunky wedges, with onion rings and it all was perfect. I am often dissapointed with expensive resteraunts and steak houses not delivering to my high standards, but no faults in the food what so ever.

This is not a cheap place to eat mind you, and unless you catch the early bird or set menu its going to cost you.

The waitor got a couple of drinks wrong, and there was no actual drinks available to what was on the menu, but other than that no fault with the service.

Atmosphere is...cosy.

All in all, it gets a thumbs up from me.

4 Thank PennysMakePounds

Leeds, United Kingdom
“best steak i have eaten...”
Reviewed January 31, 2008