“My favourite!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Cow Shed

The Cow Shed
Ranked #3 of 403 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Cow Shed focuses on serving local seasonal produce, cooked with a modern English style – presented to you in our cosey and intimate dining room by a professional team of attentive waiting staff, and accompanied by a wide selection of wines.
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“My favourite!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

I think this is one of my favourite places to eat!!! Been dining at the Cow shed for a few years, and its always consistently good food and service!!! The early bird and lunches are really good value. The a la carte menu has to be tried! My husband says they do the best steaks!!! I personally love the fish! Staff are always attentive and service s excellent!!! Love it!!

“You get what you pay ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I found the cow shed a little bit pricey but after a three course meal hear it was worth every penny. The white chocolate creme brûlée was the perfect finish to a fantastic evening. Would defiantly go again but like I said its expensive.

“Best meal I have had in a long, long time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

I've lived in Wakefield for years and been to most places, but had never made it to the cow shed as I assumed it was just a steakhouse and we have a few knock-kneed vegetarians in the family.

However, we have been tonight and the food is unreal!

I had rare beef salad, which was delicious and a generous amount, followed by a cod on goats cheese mash dish, which was beautifully cooked and presented.

The price is slightly (and I stress slightly) higher than other high end places round Wakefield, but honestly, the food justifies this difference and more!

The staff were friendly, attentive and professional.

Honestly one of the best meals I have ever eaten and every other single member of my group said the same, despite us all having different things.

10/10 - I'll be back!

• Visited July 2014
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Consistently good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

We have eaten here several times, but are not frequent visitors. There is a nice atmosphere and the staff are welcoming and attentive. There is an excellent range of dishes on the menu, supplemented by the daily specials. An early bird selection is also available all evening on Mondays. iit's usually difficult to choose as there are several dishes that we would like to try. Portions are generous and we both struggled to clear out plates. My husband chose the venison with black pudding, asking for the meat to be prepared pink, and it did not disappoint. He also chose the house red wine and was very happy with the quality.

1 Thank AnnEdinburgh_11
Flanshaw
“No bull at the Cow Shed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

I had wanted to try the Cow Shed for some time and on a lunchtime a couple of weeks ago I finally took the plunge. I wasn't sorry I did. Walking around the back to the entrance sort of changes your mind set as you take in the Georgian mews type location and you realise that you could be in York, Bath or in fact any old city in the country. We were treated warmly at the door and the fact I hadn't made a reservation was no problem. We were seated and offered a drink.
We started with a generous portion of pate served with rustic bread toasted, the pate was well flavoured and creamy. To follow I chose steak and what I was presented with was as good if not better than anything I had eaten elsewhere. My guest had ravioli in a beautiful sauce which she was well pleased with. Desserts followed, were so far as we could ascertain, made on the premises, and thoroughly enjoyed.
Overall, food that whilst being simple in terms of execution was nevertheless beautifully cooked and presented. I will certainly re-visit.
A footnote, and this is in no way a criticism. The Cow Shed has an open kitchen and as is de rigour for restaurant kitchens, strong extractor fans which are noisy. We were sat on the table nearest to the kitchen and the noise was noticeable. It didn't spoil it for us but anyone booking a romantic evening meal might just want to bear that in mind.

1 Thank BalooFlanshaw