“Fantastic place!!”

The Cow Shed
Ranked #4 of 423 Restaurants in Wakefield
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Cow Shed focuses on serving local seasonal produce, cooked with a modern English style – presented to you in our cosey and intimate dining room by a professional team of attentive waiting staff, and accompanied by a wide selection of wines.
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We go here unite often and it never fails. The steaks are probably the best we've had (and we've had a fair few!!). One slight criticism, and it doesn't effect my opinion, is that I wish they'd change the menu abit! I've been coming here for years now, and it has never changed. It's not a bad thing as there is always something nice to have!!! I really don't understand the negative feedback. Some people just have to moan!!!! Lovely ambience, lovely food, lovely staff..... What more can we ask for??

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Me and my family have been going to the cowshed pretty much since it opened. My parents go most weeks and I always go whenever I am back to visit the olds. Consistently good food, never had a bad meal. I recommend the seabass with goats cheese mash, it's delicious. All the staff are very friendly and attentive. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

After reading reviews on the cowshed we decided to book for my partners birthday ..We had a sat 8.30 reservation ,but it took till 10.30 before our main course arrived ..the food was very nice and would not hesitate in going again ...the other downside was that we had other plans arranged for the rest of the evening so unfortunately deserts & coffees were skipped..The staff were very apologetic ,hope we have better luck on our next visit

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Expecting good quality food I got exactly what I expected. The building was delightful as well - wonky floors and an intimate size. I took my mum and aunty who have eaten in many many posh restaurants, and we all really enjoyed ourselves. The portion size was good and the wine recommended to us went down really well with the steak. Very happy with visit.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We've been going to the Cowshed for years. It is undoubtedly the best restaurant in Wakefield. I now live in London but always go when I return. The rare roast beef salad is pure perfection on a plate, whilst the lamb is delightful. The service is excellent and the atmosphere is close to one which you would expect in a Michelin star restaurant. Can't recommend it enough.