“Yes, the Best in Wakefield, consistently for 2012/2013 !!! Romantic setting but equal with friends. Good luck getting a table, ”
Review of The Cow Shed

The Cow Shed
Ranked #3 of 417 Restaurants in Wakefield
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Cow Shed focuses on serving local seasonal produce, cooked with a modern English style – presented to you in our cosey and intimate dining room by a professional team of attentive waiting staff, and accompanied by a wide selection of wines.
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

While others remain in its shade, this restaurant owner, formerly of Rinaldi's, knows how to deliver the Restaurant experience, a small family run eaterie, full of atmosphere and well presented good quality fresh food.
Not the cheapest of places, but that's not actually a hinderence !!!
Don't miss the jewel in Wakefield's crown.
Wakefield's Travelling Chef !!!

There are newer reviews for The Cow Shed

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have been to the Cowshed on a few occasions and have always found the food to be delicious. First of all, the place itself is lovely, somewhere you can enjoy a romantic intimate meal as well as an excellent environment for eating with friends.

We ordered off the early bird menu, three courses for £17.95. We both had tomato and roasted pepper soup which was lovely, warm and spicy and a generous amount. My wife had pot roasted chicken which she said was delicious and I had steak which was beautifully cooked and melted in the mouth. For dessert we both had chocolate torte, decadent and delicious.

I'd also like to mention the excellent service, attentive, polite and unobtrusive. I'm always really impressed every time I visit.

We will definitely be returning soon and I would recommend coming here to everyone.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Had the two course lunch time special priced at £12.95. There is a choice of 4 starters and 4 mains. My friend and I both opted for the steak, as this is predominately a steak restaurant. We weren't' disappointed the steak was delicious and cooked as per our instructions, rare. The accompanying side dish of chips were also very good, nice and crisp and piping hot.

This is a small restaurant so I imagine you'd have to book on a weekend.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I've eaten here three times in the last six weeks and its been faultless every time. Service and food fantastic. The breaded Brie is divine - the best I've ever had. Please take it off specials and add it permanently to your menu! 10 out of 10 every time and perfect for any occasion ....

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Fab restaurant, fab menu and fab staff!
Love it for lunch with the girls, intimate dinner with the hubby, celebration with the friends etc,
Lloyd is fantastic - restaurants best waiter and I will continue to be a loyal patron

1  Thank Plato22