“Always top notch”

The Cow Shed
Ranked #3 of 409 Restaurants in Wakefield
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Cow Shed focuses on serving local seasonal produce, cooked with a modern English style – presented to you in our cosey and intimate dining room by a professional team of attentive waiting staff, and accompanied by a wide selection of wines.
Wakefield
“Always top notch”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We've been going for years and it's always been top quality. Can't think of anything bad to say. Try the crayfish salad as a starter. Great on steaks but it's all good. Over the years we've had parties of 2, 6 and 16 and never seen a drop in quality of food or service.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank allenfromyorkshire

• Polish first
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“The best steak I have had in the UK”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The Cow Shed is a small but intimate restaurant. It is a bit pricey but it is well worth your money. The staff are polite. The food is cooked to your liking and is perfect.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Lambybanny
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“not sure what all the hype is about”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I went to the cow shed a few months ago and have just seen all off the reviews and decided i had to write my own. I found the food very adverage, with my steak nothing to write home about which did disapoint me as I had heard such good things.

I would not say it was a poor resturant but it is just very adverage, i really do not think i will go again.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank foxxy21
“Yummy yum yum”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My absolute favourite restaurant, quirky and staff are lovely as is the food!! The afternoon menu is equally as gorgeous as the evening but I would recommend booking tables as its very small inside but to me this gives it it's character. I can't fault the cow shed

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Muppetf
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, Nice building, But missing something”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The food we received was lovely and I couldn't fault it. My stuffed red pepper was delicious and presented nicely. We went for the early bird menu as otherwise it would have been a bit overpriced for our liking. We did enjoy ourselves, but for the top rated restaurant in Wakefield we expected to love it more, there wasn't much atmosphere, it was very small and quiet, and we were seated by the window looking out on the unattractive street. If the price was lower and we received the same service and food for this then it would have been great. But for the #1 place with this kind of prices I wanted to be wowed a little more.

• Visited August 2012