“Great Service and Food Good” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aagrah

Aagrah
Ranked #101 of 403 Restaurants in Wakefield
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Aagrah experience is designed to overwhelm you with a complete sensory journey, encompassing the rich cultural ambiance and truly remarkable culinary sensation of authentic Kashmiri cuisine... Time and time again... Balancing time-honoured dishes with culinary innovation, our hand-picked, award winning team of chefs relentlessly aim to provide healthy and nutritious dishes prepared to nothing less than total satisfaction, in the most comfortable of atmospheres, to our esteemed clientele. Aagrah ~ satisfaction, comfort and affordability...
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Great Service and Food Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

Great service and the food was great!

We started with the Seafood special starter for 2 but enough for 4! Fantastic!

My lamb balti chilli was excellant!

My wife had a lamb special but she couldnt eat it as it was too salty!

All in all though great

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Leeds
“Friendly, relaxed restaurant and excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

I have been going to this restaurant for a few years, sometimes the one in Leeds, near the Playhouse, but usually the Wakefield one as I find parking a bit easier and also I like the layout of the restaurant more.

I visited here in November and had my usual of machli masala followed by lamb passanda- both superb.
There have been a few changes since I had last visited about 6 months ago. The restaurant has had a make over and I think the portions were a bit smaller. This wasn't a problem for me as I always felt the portions were too big for me anyway. They also seem to now charge for the poppadoms and pickle tray, whereas before they were just brought out. The whole meal though of 2 starters, 2 mains, 2 glasses of wine and the poppadoms etc only came to £40, which I think is pretty good.

The Aagrah have never really let me down and I always enjoy my meals out here.
We usually go on a weekday night as it can get fairly busy on weekends.
I find the service efficient, professional and although friendly it is not in your face or overbearing.

The food is always great, and there is a wide range so something to theorectically suit everyone.
I cannot say anything bad about this restaurant as I have never had a bad experience, and will continue to visit the Aagrah.

• Visited November 2011
Leeds
“probably the best "Indian" in Wakefield”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

We have been using this restaurant for years now, either to eat in or as a takeaway. It's invariably lively and busy and the quality of the food never fails to please.. The meat in particular is far better than in most other Indian restaurants, and there is a good range of choices for vegetarians too. This is the benchmark restaurant chain for us, against which we measure other "Indians" - it takes a very good one to beat it.

• Visited October 2011
North Yorkshire
“Excellent buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

Staff very friendly and helpful. Food on the buffet excellent quality. I've been to a certain indian restaurant in Harrogate and the buffet their was poor compared to their menu meals, but the Wakefield Aagrah's buffet was really tasty and well presented. Been to the Leeds Aagrah and had some of their menu items only to be disappointed as they were way too hot, but the buffet was a different thing altogether.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“20yrs customer never had a bad meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

Been going to this restaurant for 20yrs now man and boy and this is the best food and service far above any other local restaurants of this type