“Brilliant day out”

Waterton Discovery Centre and Angler's Country Park
Ranked #7 of 46 things to do in Wakefield
Reviewed October 10, 2013

A visit to this place is a must> Lots to see and do both for adults and children, Cater well for the disabled as scooters are free to hire for 1 hour ( my only gripe here is I think that 1 hour is not long enough) but you can take your own if you have one and go all the way around the lake. Excellent play area for the children. Inside the centre the children are able to colour and make things. I visit at least 3 times a month with my grandson.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We really enjoy visiting Anglers Country Park, with my 90 year old father and our 2 year old grandson. There is something for everyone, as dad can sit outside with a drink, while our grandson plays on the play equipment. We enjoy a stroll around the lake while dad sits on a chair. The only drawback for him is that the lake is a little far from the car for him to walk, but he does manage it and then sits while we play. Afterwards we all go in to the Discovery Centre where there are usually activities for the children and great grandad can sit and rest and warm up if the sun goes in. He loves this place!!
When we go on our own, we can enjoy a walk to Walton, or around Haw Park Wood. There are some excellent interpretation boards.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This isn't a bad place to walk the dog. Otherwise I probably wouldn't bother. Haw Wood is nice to walk through but there is forestry going on.