“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of New Inn Walton

New Inn Walton
Ranked #39 of 403 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I've eaten here several times and I can honestly say everything has been 11 out of 10! Service is great very friendly and helpful even at there busiest times. Food is such great value for money, huge portions and cooked to perfection! I have tried a variety of different meals here.... Lasagne, Sunday roast, southern fried chicken wrap etc Cajun chicken burger is by far my favourite best burgers in town! Great wine selection and carling is a lovely pint. I look forward to seeing Ria, Iain and all there team on my next visit to the New Inn....

• Visited June 2013
RiaNewInn, Owner at New Inn Walton, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thanks so much for your review and comments - We really appreciate you taking the time to let others know you enjoyed it here

We hope to see you again soon!

Thanks again

Ria

crofton nr wakefield w.yorks
“Very tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Visited on mon tea time with my husband and teenage son . It was quiet when we arrived 4pm but soon filled up . Nice clean tables and chose where we sat . Very good menu choice . Huge portions I had steak my husband the burger and son the stuffed chicken . We all enjoyed and would recommend if a little pricey . Suggest doing an early bird . Although they did do light bites to be fair . I noticed there was a pensioners menu too . Was a little disappointed with the nacho starter have had much better elsewhere. Would recommend to others and revisit again . Used to go quiet a lot before it changed hands . The elderly gent who served behind the bar and took our meal order also bringing it to our table was extremely polite and helpful .

• Visited May 2013
RiaNewInn, Owner at New Inn Walton, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thanks very much for the review and the feedback on the Nachos - We launched our brand new food menu last Friday and as part of the launch have slightly amended the Nachos recipe so hopefully they have since been improved. Thanks again for taking the time to review us! We hope to see you again soon
Leeds, United Kingdom
“fab lunch time meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We decided to have a ride out to the small village of walton and we are glad we did.
The first impressions of the pub are really clean and friendly staff were very helpful. We chose were we wanted to sit and were shown the choices available on the menus. We were just wanting something not too heavy so i went for the roast of the day sandwich and homemade chips to share. When it promptly arrived was the best roast pork baguette i have ever had and my partners beef was just as nice and the chips were perfect and no grease and was plenty enough for both of us.Will be going back very soon to try the main menu items cause they looked really nice as they came from the kitchen. To finish great food , lovely pub and really great staff . Oh and a great pint of carling too . Perfect

• Visited May 2013
RiaNewInn, Owner at New Inn Walton, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thanks for letting us know about your experience - we're glad you're such a fan of the Roast Baguettes! We hope to see you again soon
Roseyglow
“The best meal ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We decided to go to the New Inn to celebrate my sons' birthday. The landlady Ria is relatively new and we hadn't been in since she has taken it over about a year ago.
What a lovely meal, my husband had the New Inn burger and he said it is the very best he has ever had, very meaty not greasy, just extremely tasty. It came with home made chips, perfectly cooked. I had the lamb rump which was cooked just as I like it, slightly pink in the middle, very tender and really tasty, it was superb and served with the freshly cooked veg was a very satisfying meal. The childrens' meals were equally delicious, they also had deserts which were very tasty they said. Had a small taste of the mars cheesecake and it was scrummy!
The whole meal was very good value for the quality of food and service, I honestly could not fault any part of our visit.
Ria made us feel so welcome, nothing is too much trouble and her main aim is to serve good food and make you feel relaxed and welcome. This is my favorite pub now in fact we are going again for tea tonight!
Thank you Ria for the warm welcome and tasty food!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Roseyglow
RiaNewInn, Owner at New Inn Walton, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thanks very much for this lovely Review - we're all very glad you enjoyed the visit so much and look forward to welcoming you back soon!