“Absolutely fantastic!!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Absolutely fantastic!!!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Came here as we had read reviews and appreciate good food. We were not disappointed at all the flavours worked spectacularly well together...the chef certainly knows what he is doing and is clearly very talented. Those that have given poor reviews must be best suited to macdonalds!!!! Will definitely be back very soon.

• Visited August 2012

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great food at exceptional value”
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited this restaurant on a Wednesday evening and I was pleasantly surprised to find it full. However once I tasted the food and saw how competitively priced the fixed course menu was it all made sense. My husband had the smoked haddock scotch egg, which I think is one of the Iris's signature dishes as looking around the room this seemed very popular. I had the mackerel which was delicious. We had one sirloin steak, and one pork, both very tasty, but I think the pork just had the edge, as it was very succulent with really crispy crackling. We struggled to choice a desert as they all sounded mouthwatering however we settled on sharing the panacotta desert, which we both said was 10 out of 10.
This was our first visit, but it will certainly not be our last. You'll see from my previous reviews that we eat out regularly and in some very nice Michelin starred restaurants, I'm pleased to say that if you eat here you'll have a great dining experience at a very reasonable price.

Cost of our meal for two with wine £70

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mwalshm
Wakefield, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent and divine on all counts!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My partner and I have just come back from my birthday meal at Iris. This is the fourth time we have been and we are already planning our 5th and 6th visits during August. The meal was truly excellent. At the end of our meal we had to go and find the Maitre d' (who is the owners partner) to give her our thanks and congratulations and tell her how wonderful our meal was. We had a huge helping of olives and warm home made bread to start. Then I had a wonderfully green and sweet pea soup and my partner had pressed pork as a starter which looked fabulous and he said was delicious. For main I had the vegetable pot with herb dumblings (cant remember what it was called) but had vegetables in a light mustard sauce with light herbed dumplings and a poached ducks egg. My partner had the Allums rump steak which was served with new potatoes was cooked to perfection. Our deserts were Panna cotta with cherries served in a Kilner jar with hot freshly cooked cherry filled donuts which was absolutely sublime and a chocolate cylinder with chocolate mouse and banana bread, again another wonderful desert. Cannot fault the food or the service in any way. All this and wine for £50 for the two of us on a Saturday night! Amazing!! Can't wait to go back again.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Stephen B
Leeds, United Kingdom
“The best for miles.....”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I came here for a birthday meal and it was simply delicious, we will be coming here again. Smoked Haddock Scotch Egg as a starter is gorgeous and the Pork Belly as a main highly recommended, if you want to really spoil yourself might I recommend the Strawberry and Elderflower Cheesecake and the Eton Mess. If I was going to be picky I'd say the service in taking away the plates after each course could have been a little quicker - but that's being picky. Overall a fantastic experience from what is clearly a very talented young chef, other businesses in Wakefield should try to follow suit, nothing compares for miles around.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Ryan M
Leeds
“Absolutely delicious”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Iris had a really good write up in the local paper and it lived up to the blab. Would totally recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013