“Absolutely delicious”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Iris had a really good write up in the local paper and it lived up to the blab. Would totally recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Having eaten at a number of quality restaurants in the Wakefield area of late, I feel well placed to suggest that Iris is amongst the best. The food was truly excellent, the service was attentive but did not feel rushed and the decor and ambience were pleasant. For starter I had the chicken terrine with yorkshire puddings and onion marmalade. This was a generous helping and very tasty too. This was followed by the Pork fillet and shoulder with spicy carrots and pumpkin seeds. This was quite simply one of the best main courses I have ever had. The pork (from a local butcher) was cooked to perfection and the carrots and pumpkin seeds provided a nice balance of texture and flavours. For dessert I had the cheesecake which was also excellent. The wine we ordered was the Garnacha and this was a fine choice, served at the correct temperature. My parents ordered different dishes and were also very impressed with their selections (however the pork did seem to be the best of the main course dishes). I felt that Iris delivered in terms of quality but also in terms of value for money. We paid £19.95 for 3 courses and I would be surprised if it were possible to eat anywhere else locally for less and still get this standard of food. I will definitely be returning in the near future.

1  Thank Dominic S
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I took my girlfriend for her birthday to iris for the first time, based on the reviews on trip advisor . I cannot do justice to the night we had adequately in words. We had three courses of utterly fantastic food, cooked with real passion and flare . The decor was modern and clean, the service impeccable and genuinely warm and welcoming. I would have gladly paid more than 19.95 each for the experience, and am relishing our return to sample some more of the brilliance that is Iris. Thank you wholeheartedly for the evening.

1  Thank DarrenG66
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Looking at previous reviews I disappointed with the quality of some of the food on offer. The potato gratin in my main dish was a small disc which had presumably prepared earlier and reheated and as such the top of it had turned to leather; the cardinal sin was that my "free range" chicken turned out to be four strips of re-formed chicken, something more suited to Sainsbury's basics range than an up and coming restaurant.

3  Thank Martin H
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The Iris was recommended to me by a friend and what an excellent recommendation it turned out to be.I went there last night with two other friends to celebrate my birthday and it was lovely.
The food was well cooked,presentation was excellent and very tasty.I cannot fault the service by the staff,they were most attentive.
I will certainly return in the near future - well done

1  Thank cexWestYorks