“Best Steak in a long time”
Review of Iris

Iris
Ranked #6 of 414 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Ossett, England, United Kingdom
“Best Steak in a long time”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Went out Saturday night with my fella to Grill 31 to find it shut!! We ended up trying Iris around the corner. We were so glad the other was shut as It's the best Steak we ve had in a long time. Bit pricey but well worth it. Enjoyed a nice bottle of Red over a candle lite table for two. Lovely new restaurant and will definately be going again

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Stephanie H

Leeds
“Wakefield's finest”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

An excellent, quality restaurant with outstanding quality food, ambience, service, wine in stylish surroundings. It's what Wakefield has been waiting for!

4 Thank LeedsHelen
Yorkshire
“Great food & venue Thankyou Iris!!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Myself & my husband visited this restaurant on Saturday night. We loved it. Just what wakefield needed a great quality restaurant.
I had the chicken & creamy mash for mains & my husband had the fillet steak and chips. For desserts the Iris shortbread and the vanilla pear & parkin. All were fantastic! If anything the pear could have done to be a little softer but to be honest the taste of it all, the atmosphere, wine, coffee and staff were all fab so 10/10.
Yes the menu is on the limited side which I have to say worried us a little before we visited but decided to give it a try anyway since Wakefield is shall we say limited in good quality restaurants, but the food which is on offer is first class. I hope as some other reviews have put about changing the menu regular but I m sure they will to keep things fresh for future visits.
Thankyou Iris we havd a great night. I hope the restaurant continues to be a success. We will definitely be back for more!!!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank SIMBA5
“Hidden Gem!!! Outstanding food in wakefield !”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Came early on a Saturday evening with my
Mum, sister and Aunty- absolutely outstanding food, service and value. Can not recommend highly enough- all three courses delicious and between us we tried most of the options. The deserts were fabulous and a different take on classics such as millionaires shortcake/ cheese cake. Lovely atmosphere and very relaxing and feels like you are somewhere special

Good luck Iris.... We will return xx

2 Thank Linz1207
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fine Dining Comes to Wakefield!!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Recommended by friends we were excited to try this new restaurant. It did not disappoint – The food tasted delicious! Don’t be put off by the small menu – It ensures that each dish is cooked to perfection.
I really hope this new restaurant continues to be successful because I can’t wait to come again & again!!

• Visited December 2012