Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came here with 22 people for a birthday party, the service and food was fab, the only downside was we wasnt allowed warm puddings claiming it was past 9 o'clock(9.30) , I do think if you have a big party in who wants puddings this should have been made clear at the start.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank 754mishkab
Write a reviewReviews (674)

Reviewed January 1, 2020 via mobile

We ate here on new years eve as a family of five. We booked a table at 630pm and upon arrival we were swiftly seated. It was very busy as was to be expected. There was a delay in our order being taken due to only two staff worrying the floor but both were apologetic and kept us updated with our order. They were both working very hard. We couldn't fault the food, it was perfect, especially the chunky chips and pit platter. The kids loved it and we will definitely be returning. The only slightly annoying thing was other diners having the new hot plate steaks. They created a lot of smoke in the restaurant and unfortunately we spent the rest of the evening smelling like a grill! Our clothes were all smoked out. I like the concept and they looked really nice but too much smoke! Well done to the staff working, they all worked hard to keep up with orders and thanks to the friendly man and young girl floor staff for looking after us.

Reviewed December 21, 2019 via mobile

Staff were rude, and didn’t question us if we liked our meal clearly cause it was bad. Burned my mates mouth with your spicy kebab that had a full onion, tomato and pepper on it and 3 pieces of chicken. Asked for no dressing on salad. They dressed it. Salsa clearly from a jar and avocado tasted weird. All in all. Congrats on your efforts to ruin Christmas. I think your nailing it

Date of visit: December 2019
Simon19980, General Manager at The Grill Pit, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2019

Thank you for your review.

I'm sorry you felt our staff were rude, I will be picking this up with the duty manager and finding out why table checks were not carried out.

The only meal you mention is the Jerk skewer, which states it is spicy on the menu but you have continued to complain about this.
You haven't commented what you ate nor mention any complaints with your food except that your mates salad had dressing on and that the avocado tasted weird in your opinion!
All kebabs contain equal amounts of meat and vegetables then served on hanging skewer.
I'm confused regarding your comments about your friend burning his mouth! How we be held accountable for serving hot food and your mate burning his mouth.

I'm also struggling to understand how we have ruined your Christmas!! I cant see on your review where it explains what warranted this.

We appreciate all types of feedback, good, bad or indifferent and I thank you for bringing it my attention.

If you feel you wish to discuss your complaint further & elaborate on your review then I would be more than happy to talk with you.
If you email me at Simon@thegrillpit.co.uk with a tel number and I will be in contact

Kind Regards

Reviewed December 6, 2019

4 of us ate at the Grill Pit this week. We opted for the cook your own steak at your table option. This worked great! All the sides and quality of the meat was exceptional. We will definitely visit again.

Date of visit: December 2019
Simon19980, General Manager at The Grill Pit, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are glad you lived the Lava Rock experience.
See you again soon

Regards

Reviewed November 24, 2019 via mobile

Too many large tables were in, and the manager explained that they turned up late which had a huge knock on with ours and other tables.

We had to wait 90 minutes for food, our waitress was extremely apologetic but with a child and family eating our food at 10:15 was ridiculous.

That said our food when it arrived was really good, the starters were lovely!

The manager came to speak to us at the end of the meal, and gave us everything for free. This was the touch we needed to make our disappointing evening. So credit to the manager not trying to give us 50% off etc.. he knew it was unacceptable and he rightly explained the issues without trying to blame anyone.

We’ve been before and it was great, so we would go again because when the food did arrive it was really good.

Date of visit: November 2019

Thank you for your review.
I'm glad you enjoyed your food and apologise your experience was not as expected.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards