“Good food, Great service.”

Handmade Burger Company
Ranked #153 of 406 Restaurants in Wakefield
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Good food, Great service.”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Burgers are one of my weak spots and it really pains me when I have to share my dining experience with noisy uncouth teenagers, That's essentially why I visited this place.
When entering you're immediately put at ease by a cheerful member of staff smiling and offering you a choice of seats available. Once sat at your chosen table you're guided through the simple process of ordering your meal (imagine: nando's for burgers), and then you're left to make your choice and order from the counter when ready. As you relax and wait for your freshly cooked meal, you can take in the relaxed ambience and minimalist yet 'on trend' decor. When your food arrives and during the course of your meal the staff are incredibly attentive but not overbearing. The meal itself is well presented and cooked to perfection but don't try and eat a burger in one piece. Chips (which are a separate bill item) can be seasoned in 2 or 3 ways, however I recommend that if you have the Piri Piri ones that you also order a bottomless drink.
Price wise it's not excessive but maybe a little more than what you'd expect to pay for Burger, chips and a coke but the price does drive the afore mentioned teens away. The food is excellent and the atmosphere relaxed. Top prize for the experience has to go to the staff who try their hardest to make this so much more than just another burger bar, they truly are brilliant.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Really welcoming staff”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was first visit to this restaurant and I do not normally eat burgers. I had the char grilled chicken kebabs, which were wonderful and tasty. The meal was good overall and the staff were excellent. The really did seem to be very helpful and friendly but they were let down by a canteen like space which did seem a bit sad, as this is a new restaurant in the new Trinity Walk shopping centre, it was not up to standard I would have expected. Must praise the staff and the food though!

• Visited July 2013
Dundee, United Kingdom
“A New Experience”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

First time in this restaurant and pleasantly surprised. Although not generally a burger fan my chicken burger was delicious, although too big to finish. I shared a bowl of spicy chips which were delicious. The rest of the company enjoyed their beefburgers which were cooked perfectly. The place was clean and fresh with friendly staff. Would go back.

Wakefield
“Why did we not go before?”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This had been somewhere we had walked past often but had never been to however I had a voucher to get a burger for £1 when another was purchased so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I have to say I was really impressed, the service was fantastic, my wife and I were attended by two different staff and I have to say they could not have been more helpful.

There are, as you would expect, a wide variety of burgers to choose from, I had the bacon cheese burger and my wife had the classic chicken burger. The food arrived quickly and was really tasty, we also had a portion of chips and peri peri chips, which were massive.

I suppose it's a bit like a burger Nandos but with service and food as good as this we will definitely be returning.

1 Thank LuckyWookie
Ossett
“Deeeeeelicious!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely catch up with a friend over a very yummy burger. We went on a Thursday so was bogof so excellent value too. Drinks had free refills. Staff were friendly and helpful. Would recommend!

Visited August 2013