“Good Stay”

Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Wakefield
Monmouthshire
“Good Stay”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Really good stay, what you would expect from a Premier Inn.
The best thing about this hotel is the Restaurant attached to it, Eating Inn is a fabulous restaurant, the atmosphere, ambience was fantastic. The menu was really good, and amazing value for money.
So if you want somewhere nice to stay with the added bonus of somewhere fantastic to eat then would definetly recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
England
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night on a business trip. I didn't arrive until 9pm but had a warm greeting. Room was on the second floor and they don't have a lift. I was offered help with carrying my bags but I managed on my own. Room was fine - very clean and comfortable. Good choice of freeview channels on the tele. The bed was comfortable with lots of pillows and I had a decent nights sleep.

Breakfast was lovely - lots of continential options and the cooked option was fresh and hot.

Would stay here again if I was in the reigon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
St Peter Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Have been here twice this year as its handy for visiting relatives and not having to put them to too much trouble putting us all up at their houses. its clean and comfy and the staff are beyond excellent, all local people and so friendly its like staying at a relatives house. Rooms the usual premier inn stuff but the breakfasts are magnificent. loads of choice and all hot stuff made toorder so freash and red hot...yum. Set in apark so the only noise is the birds cheeping away in the morning but easy to walk into town if you feel the desire. A great place.....we will return.

Howden
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We went to this hotel as the wedding was being held at the adjoining Holmfield Arms. From signing in, to handing our keys in the the following day we were treated with courtesy and friendly smiles. Our room was excellent value for money and was clean, warm and comfortable with all the required amenieties. I am sure that the Bride and Groom were delighted with their special day held here and the event went extremely well from start to finish

Well done to the hotel staff
Carol & George Roberts

Room Tip: Book early for the bargains it is certainly worth planning ahead and on line
South Shields
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times.
On this particular visit I was visiting local family and I had a conference to attend in Bradford on the Saturday.
The room as usual as clean and tidy. Breakfast each day in the ajoining Holmfield House is fantastic. They do good meals on an evening as well.
The staff were pleasant.
The setting in the park is beautiful.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room that faces the back. There is a marque out the front and they sometimes hav...
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We arrived here and was pleasantly surprised as you can't see the venue from the main road as it is nestled in amongst the loads of woodland. As we arrived a coach full of lads arrived which to be honest had filled me with a bit of bad feeling, however as we were checking in they were pretty polite and even offered for us to be seen to first but the receptionist said it was easier to get their group sorted first. This didnt take long and within 10 minutes we were in our room. Room was good with plenty of space despite the two extra beds. We then went into the Eat Inn part of the complex where they ahd set an area aside for us as this was a family gathering with family travelling from London/Kent/Beverley and Sheffield...It was my brother who suggested the venue as he lives in Wakefield. We were able to make use of the outdoor seating area as the weather did turn warm during the afternoon and the kids loved the grass area within the grounds allowing them to burn loads of energy. When we decided to move inside as mentioned we were in a area of the bar laid out just for us. The food was excellent with a very wide choice of dishes for adults and kids. The bar prices were exceptionally reasonable as I was expecting hotel prices....£3.10 for a pint of Strongbow.......we were served really well alnight by a young girl called Rebecca. Nothing was too much for her, even down to sorting out the separate bills. Even when the food was over we were left in the area to drink and chat.
There was a wedding taking place in the marquee in the grounds which unfortunately is next to the actual rooms(this was mentioned on the website but if you dont book through that way you wouldn't be aware) and the noise does carry into the rooms. However this finished at midnight and the only noise after that was people leaving and chatting outside...this did keep my wife awake....to avoid this I suggest you ask for a room on the opposite side to the marquee. Plus we had a fire alarm go off around 12.30ish
All was well until around 2.30am when the previously mentioned "lads" returned and decided to use their bedrooms in what can only be described as an obstacle course as you could hear them run....silence and then an almighty crash on the floor....I believe they were using their beds as a hurdle. after around 20 minutes of this I went to see the night porter. He went up and eventually the noise subsided allowing us to get back to sleep around 4am.
To the hotels credit we and all my family received a full refund on the room price due to this. I was also told by another guest that the people involved would not be allowed to stay at a premier inn in future should they try and book.
Breakfast again in the bar area was fantastic....there is a choice for everyone and for every full paying adult a child under 16 is free.
I spoke to the manager of the bar area and told him that we had fully enjoyed by all our party.
I strongly believe you should praise the good points as well as any bad points.

I also spoke to the receptionist of the hotel to say thank you for the welcome and the service from her and the night porter.
The only reason I put terrible for the sleep quality is purely because of the incident.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the garden area if a function is on.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I am always nervous when I go away to stay anywhere. The trepidation that I might be lulled into an awful sense of misery, by being billeted in a seamy and lifeless environment; patrolled by over zealous and peremptory guardians of the lodge. not so in a Premier Inn. A genuine welcome always prevails; rooms are clean, comfortable and well maintained. The prices are criminally low, and if you avoid the add on restaurant meals, you can be assured of a relaxing stay with a budget that even a pensioner on a low fixed income can afford.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends