“Excellent food, excellent service.”
Review of Kashmiri Aroma

Kashmiri Aroma
Ranked #11 of 432 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: Pakistani
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Come and enjoy an ultimate experience of fine dining and hospitality. Awaiting our most discerning of guests is an array of authentic exquisite Kashmiri cuisine, which reflects the cultural diversities of our homeland. Our restaurants are warm and welcoming, boasting a refined and elegant concept in the interior design. The menu is extensive, offering vegetarian and non vegetarian cuisine that is halal. Whether you choose to dine a la carte, or sample our tantalizing buffet selections, you shall be truly satisfied. For the comfort and conveniences of our diners the restaurants offer a complete range of facilities, including, gift vouchers, take -outs, loyalty cards, event catering, bar/reception areas, air conditioning, parking and CCTV security. Our private dining area is an excellent option for celebrations and corporate events. You can host an individual private function in a dedicated area, and benefit by having full access to the restaurant facilities.
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We booked a table for four of us plus a little one, the table was ready on our arrival. The atmosphere and overall appearance was first class, everything was spotlessly clean. Service was again wonderful. The only fault was that the tables are too close to each other, a couple of us ordered the buffet meal which meant a bit of a fight to get to the buffet table. Other than that it was 100% and we will certainly be going back! The food was outstanding.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

The food was nice if a bit expensive. Drinks are expensive , about £15 for the cheapest house wine.The atmosphere was none existent ,as it was much too busy to enjoy the meal . Service was friendly and reasonably quick

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Visited the Kashmiri Aroma on a Saturday night. My friend likes to eat early so we booked a table for 6:30. It was already busy. There was a good buzz about the place. Nice decor, good sized tables - not small so if you order a few dishes you are short of room, staff attentive and chatty.

Good varied menu. Food was really good - all four of us enjoyed our meal. I requested an item listed on menu as medium to be made mild and it was perfect.

Service was quick and efficient. Glad we ate early because by the time we left it was heaving and I overheard people grumbling about waiting a long time even though they had booked their table. Knowing we were going to be drinking lots of delicious Cobra we went by taxi so avoided parking problems which I'd read previously on Trip Advisor. I was OK but two in our party of four found it became a little noisy as the night progressed. Noise no problem for me.

Will definitely visit again and will probably book an early table.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We ate here in the week between Xmas and new year in 2012. The food was good, hot and tasty and they were good portions. My starter of Kashmiri kebabs was a particular delight and the biryani I had to follow was also good. Some of my fellow diners who ordered mild dishes said they were too hot to be classed as mild. The restaurant was very busy but it's a big place and should be staffed to cope especially at that time of year. So I was surprised when all courses took an age to be delivered to the table. After 45 minutes waiting for the main, we had to summon staff and ask them where our food was. We then waited a further 15 minutes. So my first impression was good food, but poor service. On the basis of the good food conclusion, a couple of weeks later, I ordered some take away which was ready and nicely packed when I went to collect it. But it was very expensive (a good 7-8 quid more than our usual takeaway for the same dishes) and frankly the food wasn't a patch on our first visit to the restaurant. Staff are very friendly though and we'll certainly go again as it's local to us, but it's not our first choice. Try it yourself as we all have different tastes and expectations when dining out.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Venue
I didn't sit at the bar but as you enter the building you can see it's large and offers a seating area. The dining area is also really big. The tables are not close to each other so this offers a little privacy. It was very clean and decorated in a modern style.

Poppadoms and Pickle tray - spot on although the mint raita was quite spicy.

Starter
We ordered a special vegetarian mix for two which offered vegetable samosas, onion bahjis, paneer pakora, vegetable pakora and grilled mushrooms. We both enjoyed this however we found that every item came fried. I think this would be nicer if at least two items were left not fried (in breadcrumbs maybe).

Main
I ordered Chicken Makhni. Although quite bland I still found it to be ok. I think it could of done with a bit of a distinguished flavour (I have tasted this dish from a lot of other restaurants and found it to taste cheesy / creamy).
My partner ordered Afghani Murgh and he said it was really nice. He said 'it was a refreshing change from your average curry'.

The staff were very prompt even though it was busy. However we did find some of the staff to be austere.

Overall
We had a good time here but thought there was definite room for improvement. I would come again but it wouldn't be my first choice of indian restaurant to visit.